|Fearlessly mixing black and brown|
However wrong it may be, sometimes, cereal for dessert is just yummy! There, I said it. It’s true and I just had a bowl, (actually, it was a small tea cup.)
Less yummy was the belt. It actually looked so much cuter to remove it and un-tuck the thin blouse and have it peek from under the black t-shirt. Much cuter and more comfortable. Honestly, I take my comfort so seriously that it’s a miracle I’m not running around in sweatpants, circa 1985. Alas, I take my vanity seriously, too.
Another yummy thing is that I got tagged with a Versatile Blogger Award by one most super awesome Rose of Lovely Ladypants McGee. Aaack! An award is an award is an award. Silly or not, I’m excited! I recently discovered her blog and fell in love. She’s got delivery, she’s got a rad style. And she’s nice, too boot. Bear with me, here’s how it works:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass it along to 7 other blogs you recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note telling them you awarded them the award
If you’re my friend on Facebook, you’re well aware that I took part in that “25 things about me” meme three times. That’s seventy-five different things about me. I pretty much have no more secrets. Just kidding! Of course I do, silly. But here are seven (hopefully) new-to-you facts:
1. I’ve been blond three times in my life. My current driver’s license states that I’m blond. I’m not blond.
2. I speak French fluently. Mais oui! My written grammar is not quite up to par, I did not continue with French in school when we moved to the U.S. because I was shy and didn’t like the attention. I’ve since realized I’m not shy at all but I was very awkward. Very, very awkward.
3. When I started running, I couldn’t run more than twenty minutes. I was horribly slow and I panted the whole time. Old ladies used to pass me up, (it’s true!) I also have asthma. I was not a natural runner but I didn’t give up. Slow and steady over time, I built up my condition and no longer even use an inhaler. Now, running approximately a 9 minute mile for an hour is not that big of a deal anymore.
4. My mom used to tease me when I would dress myself as a kid. She used to say I looked like a Christmas tree, (and also like my eccentric grandmother, Mémé.) She was afraid I would never quite become ladylike. It’s a phase I never really outgrew.
5. I had a pop band in my 20′s and we played locally. I still sing all the time and totally love it. In fact, I recorded a song for my best friends’, Telene and Konstantin of Polygroovers. Singing makes me very happy. I hope to record more, (hint, hint.)
6. I love making people laugh. I might consider humiliating myself for the sake of a good laugh. I don’t mind humor at my expense, I’m a ham with no shame. In fact, if I get enough encouragement, I’ll post one of today’s ridiculous outtakes. My head ended really large and my legs really little, like a reptile. I laughed super hard when I first saw it. You might, too.
7. I’m a total gear-head. I’m very outdoorsy and practically have everything piece of gear necessary for hiking, backpacking, camping, snowboarding, running, cycling, cold weather, colder weather, the coldest of weathers and Burning Man. I even have a wetsuit and booties. I love the little bit of surfing I did a few years ago and know that I will do it again. I think the ideal snowboarding conditions is when it’s dumping snow and freezing cold. In fact, I may find myself hiking in the rain this weekend, depending on the weather. It’s ok, I have water-proof gear, too.
The bad news is that I’ve been so busy that I don’t have the time to immediately tag 7 other bloggers. But I will, I’m good that way with promises. To be continued…
Deets: Boyfriend blazer/ Sparkle and Fade, Urban Outfitters, sheer paisley blouse/Laundry, black t-shirt/Michael Stars, sage cargo pants/J Brand, Anthropologie, black hand-carved gingko earrings/Braindrops, brown man-made suede boots/Munro.