Avalanche Lounge

09 Jan

Vacations have a way of, well, being vacations. I had hoped to get more done while away from home but that really defeats the purpose of what a vacation is. Frankly, my desire to get stuff done while on vacation is exactly why I needed one. You’re not supposed to do anything on vacation. You’re supposed to play and have fun, sleep in, wear the same t-shirt six times, (done). It’s coming to a close and I’m sad to be leaving the snow and living with my best friends for ten days.

I have to confess, I cannot wait to sleep in my own bed again!

Makeup and Jeans girl had a Glam It Up Project going for the holidays. Sadly, a realistic assessment of my schedule and this trip made it impossible for me to meet the deadline. I want to give the project props even though I couldn’t participate. I think we can all use a little glamour sometime. It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day work, chores, gym (when we’re lucky), personal time. Oh, and sleep. It’s not always easy to pamper and nurture ourselves and remember how glamorous and fabulous we can be.

Glamour is good. I’m a big fan of getting dolled up. I love seeing my friends shine and shimmer. I love a good drapey fabric and some over-the-top accessories. Shiny shoes add bonus points. Especially when I’ve spent the better part of the last week or so wearing a helmet and goggles. My friends and I gave ourselves this opportunity recently with Avalanche Lounge. You got a sneak peak a couple days ago.

Avalanche Lounge is the brainchild of my hubby, Fil, who has a passion for classic and specialty cocktails. We get dressed to the nines, sip cocktails from his custom menu, and enjoy being fabulous for one night.

Today’s my day to deliver the goods! My incredibly talented friend, Peter, set up his lights and took glamorous pictures of us all. I had to share the results with you to make up for all the snowboarding posts. Thanks for hanging in there! I’ll be back home in a couple of days.

Photos: Peter Molettiere

Deets: Black sheer dress/Georgiou, black cloche hat, Goorin Bros., drop earrings/gifted, necklace/Claire’s Boutique, shearling scarf/unknown in Paris, black gloves/Nordstrom’s.

Tags: ,

1. mackenzie

January 9, 2011 at 2:01 pm

d'awww this is too cute! i too was part of a photo shoot (odd, as i'm always behind the camera. and even when i'm not i am making stupid faces!) and it was hilarious to say the least! love it.

and i must ask, what is your tattoo of?!

January 9, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I love this idea.. it sounds so fun… and I love the photos!!! oh maybe i can come for it next year?? LOL…. xox J you look awesome!

3. Fabienne Jach

January 10, 2011 at 7:45 pm

@ mackenzie: It's my design of a bird inspired by Paul Simon's song "Further to Fly" from "Rhythm of the Saints". It was about letting something go, (a long-term relationship, of course!), because there was further to fly. I wanted to remind myself never to settle. I don't believe the grass is greener but I also don't believe in selling myself short.

@ Jodi: Haul your bootie to Lake Tahoe next year and imbibe!

January 11, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Gotta love a boa. Looking good.

5. Yvonne

January 12, 2011 at 11:40 am

Love the hat and the gloves and the boa! You look so 1920's Glamour!!

6. Cloud of Secrets

January 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Beautiful pictures! I adore your cloche hat and tawny boa, and the idea of making one's own fabulous cocktail lounge for one night with friends.

Thanks for your kind, thoughtful support at Cloud of Secrets!

7. gangsterpixiestyle

January 14, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I love the pictures! I JUST saw your comment on my blog! IT HAS BEEN LIKE @ WEEKS!!! SOOO SORRY!

Thanks for joining!

8. Fabienne Jach

January 14, 2011 at 9:01 pm

@ gangsterpixiegirl: No worries, I know how it can get. Until I make the move to wordpress I'm subscribing to my own comments so that I stop missing them. But sometimes I forget… sigh. Oh well! We're all in the same boat:)

9. alibaba

June 19, 2015 at 1:20 am

I do not even kknow how I stopped up here, however I thought this submit used tto be great.
    I don’t know who you might be however definitely you are going to a well-known blogger when you are not
    already. Cheers!