Oops, I’m doing it again

22 Jan
Of all the outfits I’ve ever worn to work, this was the one that got attention

I’m sporting my beautiful new hand-knitted scarf, gifted by a lovely coworker

Twenty-six items, thirty-five combinations, I’ve taken the next 30 for 30 remix to a whole new level. I’ve tapped into the dusty area formerly known as Fabienne’s highly organized compulsive behavior and totally outdone myself. I have pictures to prove it.

My hubby was utterly perplexed that I spent two hours this afternoon creating all the combinations. “Why would anyone want to do this?” he asked with only the slightest hint of disapproval as clothes spilled out of the kitchen, into the hallway and around the other side to the dining room. What can I say, when I make a mess I go all out.

The answer is simple. I’m determined to include a couple new ebay purchases, which I haven’t worn yet, along with a few more items that I picked up or were gifted in the past couple of months. I have little to no history with those items I’m referring to, therefore, I needed to make sure they could be remixed.

Four items were omitted from the final count for the time being. Those are technically my wild cards; last time the weather changing surprised me. You don’t need to tell me twice, this Girl Scout’s prepared.

If you haven’t ever taken Kendi’s 30 for 30 Remix Challenge, I encourage you to give it a shot. There’s nothing to lose, you will not be ostracized for dropping out. It’s an incredible way to push your creative boundaries using the items in your very own closet. It’s fun checking out how others are coming up with ways to remix; I learned a lot of new ways to work with what I already had and I made friends along the way.

The shopping ban during the remix makes it that much more enticing to me, I’m saving up to go to Las Vegas in March for the Style Nation meet-up. That’s just a win on win on win situation. That’s right.

Deets: Mustard dress/ModCloth, rust tights/We Love Colors, burgundy boyfriend cardi/BDG, Urban Outfitters, hand-knitted scarf/gifted, black ballet flats/Ecco, peridot ring/Ambiance, headband/Anthropologie, necklace/Linkel Designs.

Tags: , ,

1. Kirstin Marie

January 22, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Great color combinations in this outfit. I am loving your scarf, it looks so warm and cozy!!

2. Rose

January 23, 2011 at 1:53 am

Yay! I love that you're doing this again! I think I'm going to jump back in the ring for the spring edition…I just got SO TIRED of layering!

God, I luuuuuurve your new shoes. They have such great lines! So are they really comfy?

3. mackenzie

January 23, 2011 at 6:44 am

wooooo! i'm doing the same thing as well! i lurve kendi and i need to actually learn how to dress myself how i've always wanted to. i just purged ye olde closet and got some new basics, so i'm ready to take on the 30 in 30. can't wait to see your combinations! and i love love your dress. ochre is one of my favorite colors on the face of this earth.

4. Fabienne Jach

January 23, 2011 at 11:10 am

@Rose: Considering I'm still only wearing them around the house, I'd say "yes". They're supposed to give a lot of support, I would recommend them so far.

5. JTwisdom

January 23, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Congrats on doing 30 for 30 again. I am doing it too. The tights just make your outfit pop.
    I'm going on a cruise in March so have fun at Style Nation.

6. Yvonne

January 23, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I love all the colors in this outfit!! So much fun!! Fantastic scarf!!
    30 for 30 > that sounds scary! How could I possibly limit myself to only 30 items in my closet?? I think I would fail miserably and just cry!! :) I am such a chicken!!

7. Fabienne Jach

January 23, 2011 at 11:21 pm

@Yvonne: You CAN do it! It's really a lot of fun. Besides, if it's not for you… move on. Think of the money you'll save for LV by not shopping for a month, too!

8. Lee Oliveira

January 24, 2011 at 12:46 am

What my camera and I love to see are colours, colours and more colours.
    Girl… you have at all..
    Love you yellow dress..
    Lee x

January 24, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I love the mix of colours in your outfit. I would have commented on it too to say that I love it.

Glad you're in for the 30 for 30 and I'm glad that I am not the only one that has created a total mess in sorting their items. I have 28 items and 27 outfits styled so far but I'm far from being finished. Can't wait to see your looks.