Too close for comfort

24 Jan
Troublemaking shoes

Hello there! My dignity is still intact, I haven’t yet taken the tumble.

Vintage hand-carved daisy necklace
Vintage button-turned-ring

Apparently, there’s no more trouble in paradise regarding the color of the year post. I didn’t even have to do too much about it. That’s a win in my book.

Here’s a little story about today’s picture taking moment. The cool brisk air is still. I’ve got a breathtaking view of the bay to my left. The birds are chirping, one is different and I can’t identify it. The resident pigeon, Petie, (he’s handsome and intelligent), flies up to the wire and watches. I tool around with the camera, try to work on the settings. This camera is new, I’m still figuring it out one photo at a time. I could read the manual but this hands-on approach seems to be working for me. I pick up the tripod, walk backwards slowly, slowly, looking at the screen, making sure I’m going to get both my head and my feet in the next shot, when…

…BAM! Left foot in dirt! Balance lost! Arms flapping about! Almost bit the dust! All of this was fine and dandy except for the part about my wearing the NEW shoes!! I’ve never hopped out of flower bed and dusted dirt off a suede shoe so fast in my life. This was a proper shoe emergency just waiting to happen.

Petie!

(Don’t listen, Petie.) Some choice words were uttered while concurrently brushing the dirt right off, we were back in business. That was just too close for comfort, my friends.

I picked up the red daisy ring Saturday, I don’t have a lot of accessories and tend not to shop for jewelry. I made an exception for this cute little thing. The necklace I got a few weeks back at my local thrift shop.

Today, everyone at work kept complimenting me on my necklace and saying how apropos it was, (ok, they said “appropriate”), for me to wear a daisy. “Like the Green Works daisy”, they exclaimed all day. This would mean nothing special except for this little bit of trivia: I designed the Green Works brand and packaging. Now you know.

(Ouch. I think I just sprained my arm.)

Deets: Dress/H&M, tights/unknown, brand-spankin’ new sage suede shoes/Tsubo, burgundy boyfriend cardi/BDG, Urban Outfitters, vintage daisy necklace/thrifted, daisy ring/Re4m, balance and grace/my parents.

Tags: ,

January 24, 2011 at 11:51 pm

That dress is adorable and I need me some pale tights. Glad you didn't take a dive and the new shoes survived intact. PS love your flower jewellery.

2. Rose

January 25, 2011 at 1:04 am

Well done! I have a bottle of the kitchen spray right over there on my counter. And that necklace is so, so pretty. Is it bone?

Pleasure to meet you, Petie!

3. Grit and Glamour

January 25, 2011 at 6:42 am

OMG…you had me laughing at your near-stack. Not that I wanted you to! Only because, OMG, how many times have I muddied shoes and nearly eaten it trying to get an outfit shot! My best place for photos, with its bark and paving stones, is perfect for really doing myself in!

I love your writing, Fabienne. You are so talented. I need to make more time to read your posts because they always such a joy.

And Petie. Love it! If I could only get the deer the run around in my yard to stop long enough for a shot!

••V••
    @gritandglamour

4. Destrehan's Daughter

January 25, 2011 at 9:14 am

Pairing the dress with a red colored sweater is a really unexpected but great color pairing. Thanks for leaving me feedback on the site design. I was thinking something along the same lines last night after checking out my blog on the ipad. It is too much. I don't think I had the same theme in mind when I created the background and the new header. Check back later this week while I work on new stuff and let me know what you think.

5. monster cakes

January 25, 2011 at 9:25 am

Must save the shoes! I'm glad they survived. And love the white tight choice. I wouldn't have expected that, but it works great! Thanks for your sweet comments! I look forward to reading more.

6. silvergirl

January 25, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Such a dreamy pretty look!

7. Yvonne

January 25, 2011 at 2:19 pm

i love your dress. Watercolor green flowers – reminds me of Monet. You look like Spring has sprung! Your accessories are great too. I wish I found such nice necklaces in my thrift shops!!

8. Mackenzie

January 25, 2011 at 7:42 pm

holy moly, i love love love this. i luuuuuurve the cardigan with the pale dress. and oh man, i would jump over hot coals for those shoes. i don't blame you one bit.

January 25, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I almost bought that dress!! I tried it on, loved it and then told myself I didnt need it!! i LOVE it on you!! and those shoes are darn awesome!!! looking beautiful!!! xoxo J

10. Collette Osuna

January 26, 2011 at 6:38 am

Love the dress….fresh, springy colors…Im sooo sorry about your mishap….things like that happen to me, ALL the time, lol…You look great!

Stop by and say Hello:)
    Vote for me in the ELF Cosmetics Beauty of All Ages Model Search 2011♥

11. Fabienne Jach

January 26, 2011 at 7:03 am

Glad my antics area entertaining! I perpetuate a lot of humor in my life, sometimes on purpose, sometimes not!

@Rose, I think it may be bone. It's seems like some organic material.
    @Jodi, A friend of mine told me she had the same exact dress, which I thought was great.

12. Courtney

January 26, 2011 at 7:49 am

I love your green eyeshadow! So bold!

I tend not to shop for accessories either. I don't know why. It just never interests me.

Courtney

13. Hope

January 26, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Haha, that sounds like me taking outfit pictures! I'm always falling, or not in the camera, etc. Oh well, one day at a time.

I love your vintage jewelry!

14. Kirstin@CrimsonRosella

January 29, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Wow, what an acoomplishment lady, such a neat fact about yourself! I adore your minty dress, it is such the perfect colour for you. Thanks for your beautiful comment on my post; it always makes me feel better to have readers reaffirm my thoughts! It is kind of scary to put them out there!

15. 2015 Bitdefender promotions

April 20, 2015 at 11:11 pm

It’s hard to come by experienced people in this particular topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks
    2015 Bitdefender promotions recently posted..2015 Bitdefender promotions

16. buty

May 2, 2015 at 3:57 am

You can adopt their styles to suit yours; this is one of the best ways to
    determine the right fashion for you. Thread and stitching – thread used in stitching
    is always the same as the colour of the leather. Fresh pairs
    of UGG products arrive in latest designs and fake boots are replicas of these
    originals.
    buty recently posted..buty

17. http

May 13, 2015 at 11:11 am

Also, they have ruled the market due to their anatomical constructions
    of shoes that make the shoes anti-stress with special shock absorption system.

They are going to almost any extent to look good and attractive.
    1990′s – Bra became a highlight on women’s wardrobe.
    http recently posted..http