30 for 30 Winter, day 1

01 Feb
Red and black and grey and red and black and grey.

These tights are out of control

Today isn’t just the kick-off of Kendi’s 30 for 30 challenge, it’s actually more significantly known as another type of day; the day I had a hot fudge sundae. That’s right, the hubby and I snuck off to lunch at one of our favorite digs, also known as the place where we had our first date over 7 years ago. I insisted on dessert.

Not just any dessert; a gooey, sweet, creamy decadent full-size vanilla hot fudge sundae with fresh whipped cream. I just made you want one. Yeah, that’s how I felt, it was one of those kinds of days. I’ve been struggling, to put it kindly, with finding a WordPress theme that meets my criteria. I’ve discovered that once in a blue moon it happens that I am not at all easy to please. Not in the least bit. I may be driving myself just a little crazy. And someone else too, who shall remain nameless, though it’s safe to assume we cohabitate in matrimony.

And then, the sundae. Yes, all is well again.

I leave you with my first pick kicking off day one. My second, and only other, ebay purchase: Another vintage piece under $20, including shipping. Red is good. Sundaes are better.

The view from my living room window

As you can see, I really do live in the house in the clouds. The clouds, or high fog bank as it stands, is sitting on top of the entire San Francisco Bay. If it were not foggy you would see downtown San Francisco in the background, along with the Bay Bridge. We live just high up enough that this is the scene on many mornings.

Deets: Vintage 80′s dress/ebay, scarlet red tights/We Love Colors, stainless steel ring/Münich, Germany, necklace/Alexis Bittar, elastic top shoes/Munro.

Tags: , , ,

1. silvergirl

February 1, 2011 at 7:48 pm

what an awesome view!!
    love the red and gray

2. Fabienne Jach

February 1, 2011 at 7:49 pm

@Brett: I'm going to take the same pic on a clear morning for comparison!

3. Kellie

February 1, 2011 at 8:02 pm

What a beautiful view!

4. Sherry Jarwin

February 1, 2011 at 8:12 pm

WOW! I live in the So. Bay Area and this pic makes me wish we lived where you live. I love SF and feel so blessed to live in this part of the world. You look cute in the red… this color of red just make me happy. :) Cheers!

5. JTWisdom

February 1, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Your view from your House in the Clouds is beautiful. All I can say is WOW.
    Your outfit is to cute, I love the red tights with the contrast of the gray in the dress.

I love your way with words, "Sundaes is better."

In St. Louis, Missouri it is snowing right now so my hubby is getting me some tea.

JTwisdom

6. graphpaperheart

February 1, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Oh my GOODNESS those are some red tights! I've been eyeing a bunch of colors at WLC and that's the shade I want! You look fantastic [and as always your view is amazing!]

7. Fabienne Jach

February 2, 2011 at 7:01 am

@Nicole: These are "scarlet red". Highly and brightly recommended!
    @JT: I would settle for rain at this point. It's been cold but sunny. Who has to water plants in January? Oh well!

8. Yvonne

February 2, 2011 at 2:03 pm

What a beautiful view to wakeup to!! Wow! I love your outfit! You went red and grey – I did blue and grey! Way to start the 30X30!! I am ecstatic over your choice of bright red! You look awesome and uh, I need a sundae now……

9. Natashia

February 2, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Now that's something to wake up to, and love the 80's vibe and styling of your outfit. 1 down 29 to go.

February 2, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Wow, I am loving that view. Very jealous over here.

11. Marie-Eve

February 2, 2011 at 3:11 pm

No way, this is a view from your window, sooo stunning ! Lucky girl.

Love the outfit.

February 2, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Oh, I'm so jealous of that view! Amazing. I'm in a dinky little valley apartment haha. But, someday… :)

How cute of you and hubs to visit the place of your first date.

Those shoes look super comfy!

13. Fabienne Jach

February 2, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Wow you guys, reading your comments made my day 150x better! Sometimes you need someone else's eyes to remind you of the special things in your life. A huge THANKS!

14. Mackenzie

February 3, 2011 at 5:26 am

wowowow! i never would have put red and gray together, but it looks so hardcore and fantastic on you! :)

and um, may i have your view please?! i'd gladly change a view of rollercoasters to foggy loveliness.

15. Nici

February 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Really great view from your house!
    It's a little bit mysterious, but I like it!

Greetings,