30 for 30 Winter, day 3. Country Strong

03 Feb
Enhanced natural curls
I call this my totally gifted outfit!

Two things: One, I had not heard of the movie when the reference was made but I’m taking it as a compliment since my coworker was only making a reference to my hair and outfit and not the washed-out, has-been part. Two: I let my hair air dry last night and touched up my natural unruliness rather than fight it. Thank you Nicole for inspiring me to do this. I have come to value a large curling iron, a skinny curling iron and a straightening iron. They are my friends.

Three: I know, I lied. But I didn’t mean to. I’m hoping to spend a little quality time with the hubby this evening and I’m rushing through this like a woman on a mission. Back to Three: I made it on IFB’s weekly roundup today. I’m honored, flattered, excited, what can I say? I’ll post the whole kit and caboodle this weekend.

Now back to my house date. Ciao babes!

Wait! One more thing. I know I just made that four, I can count. So, Four: I’m wearing “mocha” microfiber tights from We Love Colors. You know what else? I totally love them. They got sent my way, I’m sending some love back. They’re nice and soft and stretchy and pretty darn opaque. The color is ever-so-slightly different that what my monitor displayed but I knew that would happen, such is the nature of monitor displays. Ultimately, the shade was what I expected and I’m very happy and grateful.

Deets: Plaid dress/Old Navy, gifted from Dotty, raspberry hand-knitted scarf/gifted by my “other” grandma Jeannie, vintage brooch/passed down from my mom, necklace/gifted by hubby, tights/gifted, We Love Colors, grey vegan faux cowboy boots/ModCloth, (they were gifted, too, by my bffs!), bracelet/gifted by my dad & his wife.

To quote the hubby: “Now everyone knows what a cheapskate you are.” That was cool! It was total accident that I didn’t wear anything I bought myself.

When the house is not in the clouds

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. graphpaperheart

February 3, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Aw yay! I'm getting so many great "I've been inspired" comments, it warms my heart!! I love this plaid dress on you, so cute.

2. Mackenzie

February 4, 2011 at 5:58 am

I love your hair! Don't fight the curls, I think they suit your pretty self. And oh man, the bottom picture is us soon! I just got your email and I am totally up for that! (sorry for replying to a social medium with another social medium, I just got too excited.) The concert is on the 12th, if I'm not mistaken. I will double check for you :)

February 4, 2011 at 9:03 am

gorgeous photos.. you are so hot.. beautiful… love the soft pink on you!!!
    xoxoJ

4. Taylor Renee

February 4, 2011 at 10:07 am

Love that dress! It looks so comfy but stylish! My fave combo.

5. Yvonne

February 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I love that scarf! Great color and great answers! I like the relaxed look you have going here!

February 5, 2011 at 9:55 am

I love your hair. It was the first thing I thought. Love the colours you're wearing too – and you know I fully approve that everything was gifted. You can't beat a free outfit.

February 5, 2011 at 11:12 am

New reader. Love the overall look AND the hair.

8. two birds

February 5, 2011 at 4:16 pm

love your boots…i especially love that they're vegan!

9. Laura Connell

February 7, 2011 at 9:55 am

Country Strong was good. I just saw it on the weekend. You have great bone structure, by the way. Congrats on the IFB selection. It's great for getting new viewers/friends.

10. Cloud of Secrets

February 7, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I adore your natural waves! You're fortunate that they have such shape and energy when left alone. My hair just takes kind of a "meh" limp slightly curved frizz if I leave it alone to dry. I have recently had luck putting semi-damp hair in a bun with some Aveda foam and leaving it to dry; then it gets a more defined, shiny, vintage sort of wave.

I also love the feminine textures of the fluffy scarf and brooch against the plaid pattern.

Thank you sooo much for the nomination in Beautifully Invisible's Link Love program! I'm so glad to have inspired a little Antwerp fantasy. I look forward to your European honeymoon reports!

11. Fabienne Jach

February 7, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Thanks for the love, ladies!
    @Sarah: My hair only looks this curly if I don't touch it but since I can't go from bed to work without brushing it out, I then have to touch it up with a curling iron. I'm much happier with my hair having made peace with how high maintenance it is!
    @Laura: I'd like to see the movie. Two reco's are good enough for me!

12. passport renewals

November 27, 2016 at 10:05 am

Excellent web site you have got here.. It’s hard to find
    high quality writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate people like
    you! Take care!!
    passport renewals recently posted..passport renewals