30 for 30 Winter, day 5. Fabulous in February!

07 Feb
In the mood for neutral tops

Mocha tights and chocolate boots

It’s time to be Fabulous in February. Here’s the deal, this is the month of love and every Monday this month it’s all about self-love. Those of us participating are declaring publicly three things we love about ourselves. I can do that. Watch!

Numero Uno: I love surprising myself by doing unexpected things. I’m a total creature of habit and comfort who loves routine with the passion one reserves for chocolate cake. Yet, I’ll throw it out the door and do something totally unlike me just to see what it’s like. I love that I do that.

Numero Dos: I speak two languages fluently. I pretend to speak Spanish but I can only truly say one thing well and it has to do with how hot I may be this Friday night. Blame the BFF who taught me this choice phrase in high school. Eons ago, I tell you! You would never know how utterly useless it is given how many times I’ve been compelled to blurt it out publicly. I digress. Je parle le Français and some English, too.

Numero Tres: I like that I’m nice. It wasn’t always particularly cool to be nice and still sometimes it catches people off guard. I just don’t think I shouldn’t be nice just because someone might find it weird. I’m nice, suck it up, yo. That’s just how I’m gonna play.

Speaking of playing, look who decided to dress up like a little school girl today. Is wrong? Don’t answer. The little flannel of fun in a skirt just called out “take me home with you, you fool, I’m only $10″ at Urban Outfitters. Do you know why they have those little areas with mirrors called fitting rooms? So that one doesn’t end up with the wrong size like I did. It’s ok, I’m handy with a needle and thread and we’re going to be moving some buttons over soon.

Deets: Flannel skirt/Urban Outfitters, peach top/ModCloth, mocha tights/We Love Colors, brown vegan boots/Munro, bird & rose necklace/Linkel Designs, peridot ring/Ambiance, hand-carved wood earrings/Chicago.

Want to see something funny? The hubby decided to animate my pictures from this morning. It’s just me, walking and smiling, happy as a clam. I was actually laughing because I looked hungover in the first set of pictures and cracked myself up. Yep, laughing all by myself. Like I said, crazy neighborhood lady.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Courtney

February 7, 2011 at 8:20 pm

"The little flannel of fun in a skirt just called out "take me home with you, you fool, I'm only $10" at Urban Outfitters."

That's how I ended up with all the things I owned from UO. I eventually donated msot because I realized I only wanted them because it was a deal.

2. graphpaperheart

February 7, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Haha both our husbands are doing the animated gifs today! Nicely done.

3. the Citizen Rosebud

February 8, 2011 at 2:06 am

love the plaid and the crazy neighborhood lady!

4. Marie-Eve

February 8, 2011 at 5:20 am

Cute skirt and adorable outfit overall.

5. Yvonne

February 8, 2011 at 6:34 am

The animation is SO cool!! I love your little flannel skirt! Your answers are great too. Why not play nice? It is so much more fun that way for everyone.
    I had a schoolgirl day a couple weeks ago. I haven't posted the photos yet. Still editing the write up. I say rock it, baby!!

6. Melissa

February 8, 2011 at 10:41 am

I love your three things! And I think you ARE nice. I like it. :)

That blouse and skirt and great together and I love those boots!

7. MaryBeth

February 8, 2011 at 11:47 am

I love that shell pink color!
    xoxoMB

8. Hope

February 8, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Boy I'm happy you linked otherwise I would've missed this adorable outfit! :) I love your three things- and we need more nice people in the world :)

9. silvergirl

February 8, 2011 at 7:45 pm

cute skirt and i love your things you like about yourself

10. AmyW

February 9, 2011 at 3:57 am

I am so jealous of short sleeves in February! Loving the patterned skirt with the neutral top and tights/boots combo.

11. game

April 8, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Flash live video is a format that is designed for web playback, offering highh rates of compression. By creating a prototype with wireframe tools, designers can experiment with ideas, show their prototypes to
    target users for feedback and show their designs to investors.
    i – OS is thee kiong now but what if Android dominates the market