30 for 30 Winter, day 8. WYSIWYG

12 Feb

That’s some bed head

This baby girl is au naturel. That’s right, I’m not wearing a spec of make-up nor is my hair done yet. I was determined to get a picture, this is one of my favorite outfits so far. I threw my hair brush and make-up in a bag, ran out with the tripod, snapped a few and quickly ran to the car. I have no shame.
I woke up too late to accommodate all that needed to be accomplished in the morning. The hubby had an early meeting on Friday, yours truly had a late night on Thursday and with very good reason. I met up with fellow blogger Mackenzie of Whatever, Gatsby. She’s in San Francisco for a week, we caught Martha Wainwright singing Edith Piaf at the Great American Music Hall.

The show was just mind-blowing, Piaf is no easy chanteuse to emulate yet Wainwright did this icon justice in vocal acuity, intensity and performance. Her own songs were equally enthralling. The hall is a beautiful ornate and intimate venue, perfect for such a performance. Meeting one of my favorite bloggers and hanging out in such a setting made for a wonderful evening. If you haven’t met Mackenzie yet, let me introduce you to a woman with a great sense of humor, a love for the magical nature of words who also bubbles with a contagious enthusiasm and joie de vivre. She’s just as delightful in person as she is on her blog.

In case you were wondering, I represented my Friday red for Go Red for Women with the unexpected hint of a belt. If you were around for the last 30 for 30 Fall challenge, you’ve probably recognized the mustard dress. I can’t get enough of it and thought it would be fun to find even more ways to remix it. The tights are actually a shimmery gold, they’re really quite a scene.

Deets: Mustard dress/ModCloth, infinity scarf/knitted by me, plum poncho/unknown, red belted/swished, gold tights/Urban Outfitters, vegan faux cowboy boots/ModCloth, hand-carved wood earrings/Chicago, silver and mother-of-pearl cuff/Lois Hill.

Mackenzie and I

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Rose Hall

February 13, 2011 at 1:18 am

blarg! Did I mention I’m totally jealous? I want to have you both all to myself!

On a less creeptastic note, the texture of this outfit is mindblowingly good, and I’d never guess you weren’t wearing makeup! You look just dandy.

also, love the bloggy makeover!

<3 R.

• Fabienne Jach

February 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Thanks darlin’! Maybe a trip to Oregon might have to happen some day. Or you could fly down to SF and have dinner with us this Tuesday!

February 13, 2011 at 4:14 am

Wow, you look amazing. I love the mix of colours and how the yellow peeks through your top. The textures are fantastic too.

I really want to come over to San Francisco and see you too. Haven’t been since 2001 and would love to go back.
    Emma at Daily Clothes Fix recently posted..30 for 30- Making the cut

• Fabienne Jach

February 13, 2011 at 8:35 pm

You’re welcome anytime. That would be so much fun! Maybe when we’re in Europe we “detour” for a day or two to England:)

February 13, 2011 at 4:40 pm

the plum poncho is an excellent and interesting touch.
    Terri recently posted..Grumpy in Pink

• Fabienne Jach

February 13, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Thanks, I’ve owned it forever. I bought it with my sis and it always reminds me of her.

4. Melissa

February 13, 2011 at 5:49 pm

You look awesome in this outfit! All of the colors work perfectly together, I love the poncho and those boots are fantastic.

So glad you had a good time!

5. Gracey

February 13, 2011 at 9:02 pm

You look gorgeous without makeup and I absolutely love this outfit. You’re making me think I should have at least tried that mustard skirt on this weekend – instead I just walked away. So foolish.

I really like the new layout too – very classy.
    Gracey recently posted..Weecap- Martini Garnish and a Shiny New Scarf

6. Franca

February 14, 2011 at 8:17 am

That sounds amazing! I would love to have been there. Also, your outfit is beautiful, such great colours!
    Franca recently posted..Capsule Wardrobe Challenge day 1 and 2

7. Eboni Ife'

February 14, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I LOVE this look! That mustard dress is gorgeous and I love the way you layered it with a lightweight sweater in a different weave. great combo! The boots are pretty darn awesome, too!
    Eboni Ife’ recently posted..Mystic Realm of Color