Welcome!

12 Feb

I’ve spent the last couple of months practically driving myself and the hubby crazy in anticipation of making the big move to wordpress. In the process of researching themes I’m pretty sure I looked at over a hundred until I found this one. It was customizable enough from an aesthetic point that I could make it look exactly how I wanted. I had already spent many a night working out the design. I’m sure I’ll refine a thing or two as I move along, that’s beauty of flexibility with a blog. I had high hopes to address some of the formatting and caption issues from the import. The hubby brought up a good point. He said that blogs should improve in their evolution, no one’s going to care that the first few months don’t have the captions on right, it already looks better than it used to.

He just saved me from myself.

Tags:

1. Linda W

February 12, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Wow. That’s so impressive that you moved your blog. It looks great. And don’t worry about it not being just how you want it. Blogs are constantly being tweaked. It’s an ongoing process.

The Auspicious Life
    Linda W recently posted..Saturday Slices – Forest Park

• Fabienne Jach

February 12, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Thanks for your words of encouragement, Linda! It’s going to feel good to be off the laptop soon. I think I logged a whopping 12 straight hours!

2. GRIT & GLAMOUR

February 13, 2011 at 12:02 am

He’s right!

Congrats on the move!

••V••
    @gritandglamour
    GRIT & GLAMOUR recently posted..IFB Con Day 1- Wine Down Blogger Meetup

February 13, 2011 at 4:16 am

It looks fantastic. Congratulations.
    Emma at Daily Clothes Fix recently posted..30 for 30- Making the cut

February 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm

So far, so good! Looks nice.
    Terri recently posted..Grumpy in Pink

5. Fashnlvr

February 14, 2011 at 8:40 am

Wow! this looks great! I love the little date tabs on the side. you made the leap to wordpress – I am impressed. I considered it but was too chicken!!
    Love your new layout!

6. Eboni Ife'

February 14, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Love the new layout. It is VERY pretty and well done! and gold star for the hubby’s support. He is right. My blog is constantly changing. Your loyal readers will be right here with you for the ride!
    Eboni Ife’ recently posted..Mystic Realm of Color