30 for 30 Winter, day 10. Windy days

15 Feb

I carried my own personal sunshine with me all day

This necklace and glass beads were hand-made and gifted to me

It dawned on me that some days are magical photo days and others, not so much. I usually snap a couple rounds of seven consecutive shots with the self timer and call it a day. Today would be the exception. I must have taken about five rounds this morning that were so bad that upon my return home to grab my forgotten phone I proceeded to shoot another three rounds. I kid you not, they were that bad. Let me help you with that math, that’s fifty-six. Fifty-six pictures to get a single decent one.

I’ll admit it worked out, even with the wind blowing in my hair and my sweater being slightly cattiwampus. Some days are just like that, so, okay then. Be that way, day.

Lest I forget once again, it’s time to be Fabulous in February. Here’s the deal, this is the month of love and every Monday this month it’s all about self-love, Tuesday if you’re me and you forgot. Those of us participating are publicly declaring three things we love about ourselves. I can do that.

Numéro Un: I like that I have great stamina. When healthy, I’ve almost always had the stamina to take on any activity for a really long time. I used to go cycling four to five hours at a time. I ran a half-marathon with only a couple weeks of training. I’m just good at pacing myself and just hanging in there.

Numéro Deux: I like that I’m always learning new things. I ask more questions now than ever before. It’s amazing how many new things I learn every day. Crazy!

Numéro Trois: I like that I can cry. I never cried much when I was growing up. (Whatever conclusions you just came to about my upbringing are probably correct, I’ll leave it at that.) I didn’t express pain, only anger and frustration. I never let anyone seem my vulnerable side. What a drag, really. Everyone needs to cry some time. Even if it’s a television commercial. My tears, my moment with a tissue or two. That’s what waterproof mascara is for.

On another note I’ve been tooling around with the idea of a vlog feature. Let’s see how I do on camera. Actually, I already know. It’s weird to see yourself. I’m going to totally erase myself from my memory and try again. Am I gutsy enough? We’ll see. I shudder at having to hear my voice, you guys know what I’m talking about; when you suddenly realize what you sound like to everyone else. What do you think? To vlog or not to vlog?

Deets: Aqua cashmere cardigan/Bloomingdale’s, black skirt/Nordstrom’s, yellow tights/Urban Outfitters, aqua tank top/Free People, elastic top slip-on shoes/Munro, hand-made glass bead necklace/gifted.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. nicole goodman

February 15, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I LOVE the site redesign! Looks great. Also the new specs are so cool! I usually take between 5-40 pics per day just to get ones I like, you are not alone!

I’ve contemplated a video tutorial, but timing is a concern for me… I need to work on that. :)
    nicole goodman recently posted..Brrrrrright!

2. JTwisdom

February 16, 2011 at 6:19 am

You look really pretty in your glasses and that necklace is cool. I love that teal color on you and girl give me that skirt. Good to hear your positive vibes. I love learning new things too. Congratulations on your move to WordPress, looks good.
    JTwisdom recently posted..Tracy Reese- 2011 Fall Fashion Runway At Its Best

3. Fashnlvr

February 16, 2011 at 7:48 am

I love the golden yellow tights with this outfit. You rock color chica! They match the little yellow flowers behind you too! I love wearing bright colors on gray days. Your new glasses – I am still loving them and I am sure you are too!
    I also take many more photos than what actually get published. Whether it is a self-shoot or if I rope in a victim to be my photographer. Daughter better watch out – she will be my victim today but doesn’t know it yet!!
    Fashnlvr recently posted..The Difference a Haircut Makes- Hair Stylist Jo Brandon Feature

4. Señora Allnut

February 16, 2011 at 9:56 am

love your mustard tights and how you paired with the aqua shades and black skirt!, and your necklace is really special and beautiful!
    nice to met you, lady!
    besos
    Señora Allnut recently posted..in their 40s

• Fabienne Jach

February 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Gracias Señora Allnut, it’s a pleasure meeting you, too!

5. Vix

February 16, 2011 at 11:21 am

I love your use of colour! those tights are fabulous. x
    Vix recently posted..Cameos And Crimplene

• Fabienne Jach

February 16, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Thank you! I love colored tights and I feel like ever since I saw the We Love Colors badge on Kendi’s site, I’ve hit a goldmine. They do wonders to the most mundane outfits. Thanks for visiting, I’m going to check your blog out, too.

February 16, 2011 at 11:41 am

Fantastic outfit!! The tights and the shoes are by far my favorite and I really enjoy reading this posting!
    Ofelia recently posted..Fashion Influences 1

• Fabienne Jach

February 16, 2011 at 10:34 pm

You’re a dear, Ofelia. Thank you:)

7. Arash Mazinani

February 16, 2011 at 11:56 am

You should totally do a vlog I did one a while back on my blog and it’s really fun. Although I thought it would save time doing it but after editing etc it probably took longer than a traditional post.

@arashmazinani
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Bringing Sexy Back Who Puts the Sexy in to Fashion

• Fabienne Jach

February 16, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Ah, I’m going to have to check it out. I’m pretty sure it will take me hours!

8. Cloud of Secrets

February 16, 2011 at 3:36 pm

You have marvelous eyes, with glasses or not!

I think you’d be an absorbing, energetic person in a vlog. My only hope for vlogs is that they’re short and concise — I don’t always have the luxury of sitting through 4-5 minute films. Even 3 is pushing it.

I think most untrained people dislike how they sound in a recording, without the rich resonance of their own skull structure influencing their hearing. Even when I try to lower, smoothe, and project my voice, I sound like…well, I don’t sound like what I wish I sounded like!
    Cloud of Secrets recently posted..Queen of Hearts

• Fabienne Jach

February 16, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Same here, I’m all about short n’ sweet! I’d like to give it a shot, if anything, just to have tried it. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I might sounds like a chipmunk or squirrel, I’m warning you…!

9. Melissa

February 18, 2011 at 4:13 am

Yes! Vlog because I want to “see” you!

I love hearing how confident you are in these areas. Can you send some of that my way? Speaking of stamina, have you heard of the Insanity workout? Have you tried it? It’s kind of awesome. :)

I really, really love the blue sweater on you and with the yellow tights = adorable! That skirt is great, too!!!
    Melissa recently posted..Friend Friday- My Body

• Fabienne Jach

February 18, 2011 at 9:16 am

Years ago, I “mentally” swapped places with a very successful friend while negotiating a promotion and salary. I literally would think to myself “what would ___ say here” before answering because I was such a pushover and she had some serious business savvy. I really needed to channel her if I was every going to do this well. Since then, I’ve implemented that tactic into other aspects of my life. Most of how we behave is based on habit and most habits can be changed. It’s a little bit of “fake it till you make it” but it has changed my perspective with time. I didn’t always have this level of confidence.