Go take a hike!

31 Mar
Pink flower
Everything’s in bloom
Daily outfit and style tip, wearing purple pattern dress with grey boots
Fun with purple
Daily outfit and style tips, wearing purple dress with purple belt
Fun with patterns
Daily outfit and style tips, lavender velvet cut-out shawl
Delicious lavender velvet cut-out shawl

Rather than go running this evening, my hubby and I went for a hike. Remember those t-shirts that said “Go Take A Hike”? You don’t? It’s probably because it goes back to the time when dinosaurs roamed the earth terrorized by the likes of me and my two sisters. In any case, I totally want one. Hiking is awesome.

There are a bunch of trails by my house that smell like fresh earth and trees. Overgrown happiness stretch out onto the path and brush the legs of runners, hikers and dogs. Any contact will do, that stuff grows wild and doesn’t care about anything else. If it gets too big it just falls over.

We talked about everything and nothing, time slowed under the spell of the canopy. Dogs ran past and smiled. My ears, eyes, heart and mind were happy.

Deets: Purple dress/Brass Plum, Nordstrom’s, purple tights/unknown, grey vegan faux cowboy boots/ModCloth, purple silk belt/The Gap, lavender cut-velvet shawl/thrifted.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Fashnlvr

March 31, 2011 at 7:28 am

I love the pattern on your dress. Going for a hike is so much fun and relaxing. You look very pretty.
    Fashnlvr recently posted..Fashionably Professional &amp Life Choices

• Fabienne Jach

March 31, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Thanks, darlin’! Every time I think about life changes you come to mind. It’s in the air, I tell ya! xoxo!

2. Collette Osuna

March 31, 2011 at 8:00 am

Great dress pattern and Im loving those super sexy lips girl..looking hot as always:)
    Collette Osuna recently posted..Lemon Bar Love

• Fabienne Jach

March 31, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Thanks Collette. It’s a pretty confident shade of pink, I’ll say that!

3. Bella Q

March 31, 2011 at 8:39 am

What a wonderful thought- that you live close enough to “nature” to be able to take a hike from your own house. While living in a major metro area? Cool.
    Yeah you’re pretty cool. Even though you were around when the dinosaurs smoked cigarettes and nibbled on buttercups.
    Bella Q recently posted..outfit post- Pillar Box Red

• Fabienne Jach

March 31, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Lol! Pretty much. We’d hitch a ride on a T-Rex to get across town…!

4. Gracey at Fashion For Giants

March 31, 2011 at 10:47 am

Beautiful colors and the pattern of the dress is wonderfully fun.
    Gracey at Fashion For Giants recently posted..The Tumbleweed Aesthetic

5. Joy

March 31, 2011 at 12:20 pm

The shawl is exquisite. You look lovely as always.
    Joy recently posted..Feeling Lucky Giveaway Ending on April Fools Day – Enter Today!

• Fabienne Jach

March 31, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Thank you, sweetness. That shawl was the craziest deal. $300 original price, I found it in a consignment store brand new at $150. That day they had a sale 50% off everything so I got it for $75. I’ve owned it about 12 years now. Well worth the price:)

March 31, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Hey gorgeous.. love your dress. I should get out to the forest but for now just running around the lake after work.. speaking of which.. have to get changed and go!!

xoxo J
    Jodi recently posted..At the Tennis Court

• Fabienne Jach

March 31, 2011 at 10:38 pm

At least you’re running! My attempt to skip a week or two to get ahead hasn’t brought me more productivity, but it’s certainly making me miss running. Xoxo, f

March 31, 2011 at 5:29 pm

The dress pattern looks so ethereal against the beautiful greenery and flowers!
    Ofelia recently posted..What Ive being

• Fabienne Jach

March 31, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful observation, Ofelia.

March 31, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Don’t you wish they could make a perfume that smells like the great outdoors while hiking?
    Terri recently posted..It Aint Easy Being Green

• Fabienne Jach

March 31, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Yes! What a great idea! Peace and happiness in a bottle!

9. Sally

April 1, 2011 at 8:28 am

What an utterly lovely, springy ensemble!
    Sally recently posted..Sorting Your Wardrobe