Cheese, please

06 Apr

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing orange cargo jacket, grey dress and goldenrod tights
I’ve got sunshine

There some things about me that are absolute truths. They’ve been part of my DNA for as long as I can remember. One such items is that I love to eat. I eat well, I eat with appreciation for where my food comes from, grateful for those who played a part in availing this sustenance to me. I eat with mindfulness, aware of the life force and nutrition. And, I eat all the time.

Call it a twenty-four hour buffet, a snack-a-thon, whatever you will. It comes down to this. I dislike being hungry. I go from zero to cranky with a pounding headache, therefore, I eat.

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing goldenrod tights with grey dress
I’m dreaming of cheese

Imagine my delight as I sat at my desk unwrapping my Colby cheese stick this afternoon and looked down only to realize that my snack and my legs were the exact same color. What are the odds? I was half tempted to scan it but had obliterated most of it by the time of said discovery. It was the wiser of the choices to quietly finish eating given the logistics of scanning cheese. At work. And getting caught.

I really do have a lot of fun doing ordinary things. Especially as they relate to food and eating.

{ style tip: }

Neutral colors, such as this grey dress, can be revived with brighter color blocks in time for sunnier days. Goldenrod tights and a bright orange cargo jacket give it new life. The tights pick up on the faint swirl outlining the white flower, the hit of color is powerful and confident.

Do you have a particular neutral top, dress or skirt that could use a color lift? What color would you pair it with?

Orange cargo jacket/Caslon, Nordstrom’s, grey Japanese inspired dress/unknown, goldenrod tights/Urban Outfitters, wood and leather platform sandals/Urban Outfitters, vintage daisy necklace/thrifted.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Collette Osuna

April 6, 2011 at 6:14 am

You are SOOOO gorgeous in this colorful ensemble!! Loving the tights and of course the applique:) I LOVE Horizon Organic products….I eat them everyday!
    Collette Osuna recently posted..Memo to Spring

2. Mrs Bossa

April 6, 2011 at 7:24 am

I saw the top of the photo and thought, “Oh, Fabienne looks nice”…and then I saw the yellow tights – they’re amazing! I’ve been craving some since the Fendi AW11 show.
    Mrs Bossa recently posted..Is Pink à la Mode

3. Sally

April 6, 2011 at 7:45 am

I adore your constant use of bold tights! And how marvelous to match your cheezy snack!
    Sally recently posted..Clothing Comfort Work-arounds

4. Rose

April 6, 2011 at 7:51 am

Hey miss!

I’ve been incommunicado lately, I know, but I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your lovely comments and then I got sucked into your blog again…! Its a joy to catch up. This outfit is like a big glowy beacon of happiness (Shoe lust!), and, did I mention already how much I like your new blog design? Very pretty, and very user friendly.

Yay you!
    Rose recently posted..Workin on the weekend

5. Cynthia

April 6, 2011 at 7:58 am

Yay orange. I just bought a tangerine orange cardigan recently, egged on by Ana, but I haven’t had the cojones to wear it. Maybe I’ll pair it with my grey Athleta dress.
    Cynthia recently posted..Just a quick in and out this morning- with Emo livening up the

6. nicole goodman

April 6, 2011 at 9:14 am

I’ve REALLY got to get a pair of yellow tights. These are so happy!
    nicole goodman recently posted..Color Theme- Oranges and Pinks

7. Oh to Be a Muse

April 6, 2011 at 10:57 am

lovely color blocking dear. welcome to the FTF community!

following you on twitter!
    @Ohtobeamuse
    Oh to Be a Muse recently posted..SEO for Fashion Blogs

8. Gracey at Fashion For Giants

April 6, 2011 at 11:11 am

lol. I love this post. You made me laugh with the comparison of the cheese to your legs. I love this outfit too – it’s so cheering to see orange in my reader.
    Gracey at Fashion For Giants recently posted..Do These Shoes Make Me Look Skinny

9. Franca

April 6, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Orange and yellow! An outfit after my own heart!
    Franca recently posted..Stylish Blogger Award- 7 things about Amsterdam

10. Señora Allnut

April 6, 2011 at 1:01 pm

love your tights and your funny comparison with your snacks color!, lovely color indeed!
    Such a great color combo and such a bright vitaminic orange jacket!!, love how you mixed your dress with so a great style!
    besos

April 6, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Ha, I’m having to refrain from some smart remark about snacking on your legs. I have a pair of pale yellow tights and really love them.
    Terri recently posted..Here Comes the Sun

12. La Historiadora de Moda

April 6, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I dig the color palette here a lot!
    La Historiadora de Moda recently posted..Brightly- Boldly

April 6, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Brilliant color combinations!!
    Ofelia recently posted..What Ive being

14. Ana

March 5, 2014 at 9:53 pm

For more information on top of fuel cylinder your safety, visit the American Welding Society’s site.
    Ana recently posted..Ana

15. Blondell

March 8, 2014 at 10:32 pm

For a bend that way i think you did a really good job.
    Blondell recently posted..Blondell

16. Marcella

July 25, 2015 at 10:27 pm

When you require kids bed ideas then you can just go to ikea
    and also look.