April showers

26 Apr

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing red sweater dress, black leggings, grey cowboy boots.
Is it going to be cold today or warm?

The weather these days, fickle at best, tricked me into prematurely retiring some of my warmer garb. Alas, I saved a sweater such as this little red number. In Las Vegas, it made its debut as a dress. For work, it will perform solely as a sweater. The short sleeves make it perfect for me, I get hot quickly in thick sweaters.

I had promised to show you the Smokey Eyes, I was prepared with pictures and everything. I spent the day attending a workshop on conflict management, the rhythm of my day suspended as I rushed from workshop to confirming that all the pieces and parts of a big event tomorrow are all falling into place. I left the camera in the drawer at work, in the camera was the camera card. The Smokey Eyes will have to wait.

However, if you feel like fighting about it, I’m pretty well-equipped to handle the conflict and deflect this potentially awkward situation. How’d you like them apples?

I have to admit, I’m fascinated with idioms such as this one. Really, what apples? I digress. Smokey Eyes. Yes, later.

{ pinterest: }

I added a few more pins to my boards, here’s a sampling. The offer I mentioned last week still stands, the lovely folks at Pinterest have extended invitations to fifteen lucky visitors. Leave me a comment below if you’re interested. I’ve been pinning DIY ideas for inspiration along with adding more style pins for the season.

Pinterest Spring 2011 Faves board
Spring 2011 Faves

What would you like to do next? I seem to always have several projects I’m thinking of. I went nuts when I saw this felt embroidery, I don’t even know what I’d put it on but it was so awesome!

{ style tip: }

When wearing a tunic or long sweater over pants or leggings, keep a smooth profile by making sure there aren’t too many visible pockets and bumps, such as zippers and belt loops. Leggings are ideal but many pants can be suitable, too. Give it a once-over in advance to ensure against bumpy surprises.

Red sweater dress/ModCloth, black leggings/Hue, wool socks/unknown, grey vegan faux cowboy boots/ModCloth, silver and mother-of-pearl cuff/Lois Hill, steampunk owl necklace/gifted, black gingko wood earrings/braindrops.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Joy

April 26, 2011 at 6:46 am

Fabienne, That outfit is STUNNING! Looking forward to seeing your smoky eyes! :)
    Joy recently posted..Celebrate Spring!

2. Gracey at Fashion For Giants

April 26, 2011 at 11:17 am

Love the felt embroidery – it’s gorgeous and I totally support your doing it. I’m kind of obsessed with crewel-work and think that’s what I’d try if I were crafty. Which I am not.

Love this outfit too – you look awfully good in red!
    Gracey at Fashion For Giants recently posted..Monday Blues and Browns

April 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Red looks stunning on you! Must wear it more often.
    I understand your attraction to the felt embroidery is so adorable and colorful.
    Ofelia recently posted..A week of dressing with jeans- and more jeans

4. Franca

April 26, 2011 at 1:53 pm

What a lovely outfit! the dress! the boots! all the pinterest excitement has made me resurrect my tumblr blog!
    Franca recently posted..Vlog- My accent

April 26, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Loving your jumper dress and the red looks amazing on you.
    Emma at Daily Clothes Fix recently posted..The early bird may get the worm- but its the second mouse that gets the cheese

April 27, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Hey Hun.. love that outfit on you.. and we are having the same kind of weather challenge here too… I walked to work today with no jacket and no umbrella. Went to a lunch meeting and came out to pouring rain. Had no choice but to buy a new Zebra print umbrella!! ho hum gotta make the best of every situation!! :)
    xox J
    Jodi recently posted..Bad Girl gone Gamin

April 29, 2011 at 11:47 pm

I haven’t yet gotten the hang of Pinterest…need a tutorial I guess.

8. Carol

April 30, 2011 at 10:19 am

Love that embroidery! And would love an invitation to Pinterest also. Your style is addicting.

9. Krystle

April 30, 2011 at 11:25 pm

LOVE THE SWEATER DRESS!! And isn’t Pinterest AWESOME!! People, ask for an invite! You won’t regret it! :)

Krys
    Fierce|Fabulous|Fit
    @FierceFabFit

10. Sarah Ashley

May 3, 2011 at 11:24 am

Hello darling!! I’m really digging the sweater you’re wearing, and also you boots… You look wonderful in that outfit… The red looks great with your smile. ;)
    Stay in touch lovely!!!