It’s Easter all week

28 Apr

Daily outfit and style tips, wearing pink jacket, bows and flower dress
Has anyone seen my basket?

I’ve been dying to wear this dress forever but I had to wait for Easter first. It’s really just my silly rule, but I can’t make myself wear it before then, it’s got Easter written all over it.

Just look at the explosion of pinks and blues, the little flowers and bows, I practically feel gift-wrapped. It qualifies as what my friend would refer to as “cutesy pie”. It is.

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing bows dress and pink jacket,
Hey, what’s over the fence?

This morning’s photo session was captured with a healthy mix of haste and humor. I begged the hubby to quickly take the pictures before getting in the car. Our haste made for bad photo after bad photo, you just can’t rush a good thing. Silliness ensued. He specifically directed these poses and they were too much fun not to share.

Daily outfit and style tips, wearing pink jacket, bows and flower dress,
Detail of flower pattern
Daily outfit and style tips, big red heart ring
I <3 big rings!

He said I looked like a little kid. The big plastic heart ring probably didn’t help. I just needed oversized bunny ears to complete the look.

{ style tip: }

This dress is has got a lot going on: Flowers, pinks, blues bows and more bows. Between the details and the structure of this dress it would be easy for it to feel too formal for work. To keep it light and fresh, I went with floral lace and fishnet tights in a pale beige, flat casual shoes and a fun, bright pink corduroy jacket. The effect was perfect for a sunny spring day.

Bows dress/ModCloth, floral lace and fishnet tights/DKNY, pink corduroy jacket/thrifted, flat casual shoes/Naturalizer, red heart ring/H&M. Note: I would not recommend this particular style from DKNY. They gave me what I can only describe as a “sausage legs” effect. The elasticity of the weave was not consistent and pinched into my skin, even throughout the less fleshy parts. I have other similar tights from Nordstrom’s that fit much better.

{ photos: }

Filip Jach

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Cynthia

April 28, 2011 at 8:38 am

Wow. That is, as they say, a LOT of dress. And you’re pulling it off fabulously.
    Cynthia recently posted..The last few items that I bought when I was off GAAD have been

2. Bella Q

April 28, 2011 at 9:13 am

I do that too! I’ll save a dress for a certain seasonal occasion, in fact I had a yellow, and pastel number I would only wear around easter sunday. It was such a ’60′s church going outfit if you know what I mean..frothy and ridiculous and wonderful at once. The print of your dress is super sweet. I’d doll it up Dolly-kei style. Get yourself some white go-go boots and keep going with the accessories and I’ll meet you for tea in Japantown. xo. -Bella Q
    the Citizen Rosebud
    Bella Q recently posted..Citizen Spotlight- The Fashionista Next Door

3. Anna

April 28, 2011 at 11:06 am

that’s the cutest dress ever!!! It looks very nice on you!!!
    Anna recently posted..Written In The Stars- Galaxy Bar- Athens Hilton

April 28, 2011 at 12:00 pm

You look adorable — most definitely an Easter dress! Love the ring.

The-Loudmouth.com
    @theloudermouth
    Photo Giveaway
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Hello- Color

5. Kirstin Marie

April 28, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I adore your dress, and you look so lovely in it!! Despite your tights note, they actually look great on you (I think so) :)
    Kirstin Marie recently posted..In red we wait

April 28, 2011 at 8:10 pm

It’s nice to let the inner child take over our bodies!
    The dress is so adorable and I want that ring!
    A joyful post and outfit.
    Ofelia recently posted..What I wore to go to

April 29, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Oh, I actually LIKE the bows marching up the bodice.

8. Krystle

April 30, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Looks great!! I have to say, my favorite part is that nail polish!! Sooo pretty and Springy!

Krys
    Fierce|Fabulous|Fit
    @FierceFabFit

9. My tribe « The House in the Clouds

June 20, 2011 at 7:30 pm

[...] tights elongated my legs. I exchanged the sausage-effect causing DKNY tights that I had worn earlier for Nordstrom’s own brand. The House in the Clouds recommends [...]