A love letter to the mothers of my friends

08 May

{ personal: }

Holding me as a toddler at the beach
All teeth and as happy as a can be!

Dear Mothers,

This is a love letter from me to you. Thank you for making the most wonderful humans and bringing them into this world. Thank you for bringing me my friends; loving, intelligent, compassionate. Thank you for making me a companion when I need an ear or a helping hand. Thank you for teaching them kindness, affection and generosity.

You taught them well; to laugh in the face of absurdity with me, to cry when sadness is bigger than the moment. They’ve nourished and fed me, cared for me, brought me a richness than is bigger than I would ever have imagined. We’ve shared many a glass of wine together, celebrating everything and nothing.

My mom when she was young
Like mother, like daughter?

Our faces light up when we find each other in a crowd.

Thank you for bringing me the beauty of their smiles, their love. I thank my mother for making me and teaching me to be the best I can be, your sons and daughter have a faithful companion in me.

Sincerely,

f

Posted in Personal

Tags:

1. Oh to Be a Muse

May 8, 2011 at 11:57 am

what a great post. i really like how you made this about the great mothers of your great friends!
    Oh to Be a Muse recently posted..Walking in LA – Blogger Meetup Video Diary

2. Krystle

May 8, 2011 at 5:04 pm

This is beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Krys
    Fierce|Fabulous|Fit
    @FierceFabFit

3. Lee Oliveira

May 9, 2011 at 4:49 am

Beautiful post. My mum is Brazil and I am in Australia but I’ve told her over the phone how much I love her..
    Lee x
    Lee Oliveira recently posted..It’s all about the accessories…Sydney

4. Bella Q

May 9, 2011 at 5:16 pm

My new middle age tendency is to get maudlin and cry over sweet things. You made me cry with this beautiful, beautiful post.
    Bella Q recently posted..guest post- Vanessa of Queen VIIs Reveries

May 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm

This is so sweet, Fabienne! You’re wonderful.
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..No Paparazzi- Please!

6. Fashnlvr

May 12, 2011 at 8:54 am

Such a beautiful sentiment! I love this post and thank you to your mother for making you such a wonderful and beautiful person – inside and out!
    Fashnlvr recently posted..Community Shoe Closet- Sharing Favorites

7. Anika

May 16, 2011 at 7:19 am

Well, now I am crying! You my dear, are one beautiful soul. Big thanks to your mum, lovely. Hugs xx
    Anika recently posted..Vintage ByAnika- Flaming June &amp Anika

8. find.hamptonroads.com

February 12, 2014 at 5:06 pm

If you’re still scratching your head, try these techniques to
    decide on your niche:. Thus if they’re not already following you on Twitter, they may
    be inclined to do so based on any blog posts you write about your tweets.
    find.hamptonroads.com recently posted..find.hamptonroads.com