Embrace the magpie

18 May

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing lavender jacket, navy blue skirt, white t-shirt
The orange belt added just a hint of color
Party feet!

I have an inner magpie that rivals old Hollywood glamour. The problem with this is that I don’t have the lifestyle to express it. Sequins and rhinestones and glitter, oh my; those are all lovely words to my ears. They enchant me with their song of ritz and glitz, I want to add feather boas and faux fur stoles to their melody and stroll.

If I can’t have that, I can have this: Tom’s silver glitter slip-ons.

I wore the discoteque on my feet all day, I’m going to do it again, too. I’d been coveting them for a while, the desire for glitter growing even more potent when my friend Nicole got a pair of gold ones. I’ve been waiting until I could justify wearing a light spring shoe. My friends, the time has come. As the day refused to quit I ran laps in what felt like slippers on my feet. Awesome slippers. One could say I’m a fan.

{ style tip: }

You really can wear something extravagant and glittery during the day, style and context are everything. The glitter made these shoes fun and gave them plenty of character, however, the casual form and style made them easy to wear with a cotton skirt and t-shirt. I chose to balance the glitter with a bold silver necklace and matching cuff. The outfit ended up well-balanced and comfortable.

Navy blue skirt/BCBG, recycled t-shirt/H&M, lavender corduroy jacket/Tulle, silver glitter slip-ons, Tom’s, silver and mother-of-pearl necklace and cuff/Lois Hill.

{ photos: }

Filip Jach

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Thea

May 18, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I want to get my daughter some Tom’s glitter slip ons!
    And by the way – will you be my personal stylist?

2. Pam @over50feeling40

May 19, 2011 at 3:49 am

I love this jacket!! It has such great detailing….
    Pam @over50feeling40 recently posted..Singing the Blogger &amp Busyness Blueswith a smile!

3. Lee Oliveira

May 19, 2011 at 4:45 am

The whole outfit is fantastic.. I love very much you tailored jacket
    lee x
    Lee Oliveira recently posted..Fox Studios…Sydney

4. Cloud of Secrets

May 19, 2011 at 5:17 am

I agree about glitter during the day! Shoes, or a scarf, or nailpolish, or a rhinestone cuff, or a fabulous brooch, why not, as long as it’s mixed in with an ensemble approrpriate for your daytime event. I love having metallic flats at the ready to wear with anytime; they’re a dose of special shimmer appropriate even with jeans and a tee.
    Cloud of Secrets recently posted..Unplanned Photography

5. Rose

May 19, 2011 at 7:39 am

Ooooh, Fabienne, this is a magical outfit! So much prettiness going on, my eye doesn’t know where to look, and that little shot of orange against the pale silvery blue….*swoon*

6. Gracey at Fashion For Giants

May 19, 2011 at 12:07 pm

The orange belt is perfect. I love it and the party shoes!
    Gracey at Fashion For Giants recently posted..Basic Posh Ross

7. SACRAMENTO

May 20, 2011 at 12:32 am

Nice blend of colours, Fabianne

8. FASHION TALES

May 21, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I very much love Tom’s shoes, especially the wedges actually! This is such a beautiful colour combination. -xo

Ladyofashion of FASHION TALES

• Fabienne Jach

May 24, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Wedges? How did I miss their wedges? I’m going to have to do some investigating… Thanks for the tip:)