Bon Voyage!

25 May

{ personal: }

F2 wedding
F2 ties the knot

On October 3, 2009, my husband Fil and I got married. This Saturday we’re taking our honeymoon. We’ll be spending the following three weeks traveling through France and Spain: Paris, the Pyrenees, Barcelona and Costa Brava. Do I sound excited yet? Well, I’m excited! I’m really excited!

Daily outfit, style tip, black skinny jeans, black blazer, pink 3D petal boxy top
Too excited to sit still. Can you blame a girl?
Dimensional petal detail

{ bloggers: }

Some of my favorite bloggers have agreed to do guest posts for me in my absence, you’ll be in good hands. I’m really looking forward to sharing them with you and hope you enjoy their company as much as I do. I read a lot of blogs, at least as much as time allows, and over time some have stuck with me.

I found myself returning again and again.

It’s been a long time coming but I’ve also updated my blogroll to reflect those blogs dearest to me.
In time I hope to feature more of the bloggers on my blogroll, you deserve to know who they are and what makes them so fantastic. Here’s a sneak peak of what’s to come:

Anika of by Anika – A self-worth activist and budding designer. Her beauty and love crosses the Atlantic and shines on my life. I think she single-handedly makes Oslo awesome.

Arash of Arash Mazinani – He blogs for both men and women. Not one to shy away from hot topics, he gets the conversation going across several continents.

Gracey of Fashion for Giants – Her smile radiates through her camera, over the internet and out of my monitor and lights up my day. I can’t help but want to smile back. In fact, I’m pretty sure I do.

Sarah of Cloud of Secrets – Do you ever want to be transported elsewhere? Whether it’s a land of textures or colors, Sarah takes my imagination out to a happier place. And she does it while still maintaining a beautiful, human connection.

I intend to feature these following bloggers after I return because I just can’t keep them a secret:

Casee Marie of The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower – She’s intelligent and captivating, I can’t just scan anything she writes, I have to read the entire post. Every time.

Kristy Eléna of Kristy Eléna – Not just Sunglass Hut’s Blogger of the Year, she’s the heart and brains behind Full Time Fabulous, a community fostering inspiration and support to fashion bloggers.

Lee of Lee Oliveira – A street style photographer whose photos make me want to dress up and wander the streets of Sydney until he “accidentally” spots me! His photos capture much more than the outfit, it’s always a pleasure to be shown how he sees others through his lens.

Ofelia of My Intended Life – I dare you to peruse her blog and not feel compelled to move to south Florida, or at least go visit. Colors and wonderful aromas lift from the pictures of the fresh fruit and vegetables from her local farmers market, her thrift store treasures on display beckoning us all to look twice around us, hidden gems are everywhere.

Sacramento of Mis Papelicos – Sacramento is the sky-diver of fashion; she’s bold and romantic and lady-like and creative. This woman loves her world and her world loves her back. Don’t you want to live in it? I do.

Check back every few days to see who will make an appearance. In the meantime, I will see you again in three weeks, my friends. Happy spring!

{ style tip: }

On my wedding day I only had to do two things: look good and say “I do”. Some things don’t have to be complicated. The same applies for getting dressed.

I almost penned today “Midriff Tuesday” after putting on my clothes. The boxy top sat about four inches above the waist of these black pants. (No one needs to see that unless I’m at the beach.) Enter the long tank top to save the day. Over the years, I have amassed a nice variety of tank tops, both plain and lacy, for such occasions. The black and neutral ones are staples in my wardrobe. If you can only have two, those are the ones to start with. You’ll be glad you did.

Black ankle cigarette pants/BDG, Urban Outfitters, pink dimensional petal boxy top/H&M, taupe tank top/Nordstrom’s, black boyfriend blazer/Urban Outfitters, black sandals/Dansko.

{ photos: }

Wedding – Ron Essex, other – Filip Jach

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. GRIT & GLAMOUR

May 25, 2011 at 9:07 am

Happy belated honeymoon! I’m so jealous…have yet to have my own honeymoon, and I got married in 2009 also. One day!

Bon voyage!

2. Arash Mazinani

May 25, 2011 at 10:07 am

I hope you have an amazing honeymoon!

3. Mackenzie

May 25, 2011 at 10:43 am

oh my goodness! how exciting! you totally deserve it, ladyfrand :) and YOU HAVE MY DREAM SHOES! i’ve been coveting those danskos for yeeears! one day, i will buy them. and we will be matching. which is all i can hope for, to have a little snippet of your lovely style.

hope you have fun, lovely lady!

4. Allie

May 25, 2011 at 10:48 am

What a beautiful couple you two are! And what an AWESOME honeymoon! Can’t wait for the recap!

I love that top with the cami layered underneath, it gives such detail and interest to the look. Really like.
    Allie recently posted..Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale – Allies Picks

5. Anna

May 25, 2011 at 11:10 am

Have a beautiful honeymoon! You’re going in some of the places I totally love! Paris is my favorite city in whole wide world and Barcelona hold also a good spot in my heart! Make sure you visit Park Guell..it’s fantastic!
    Anna recently posted..3 Ideas for Handmade Jewelry

6. Anika

May 25, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I am so happy for you and your man darling. Celebrating love in Europe, how divine. Enjoy every moment! Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so glad that we have connected, and I am so glad you asked me to guest post. What an honor! Hugs for you.
    Anika recently posted..Spreading the love- Ambu of Ambuji

May 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Fabienne, you look so happy and beautiful on your weeding picture!
    I’m very humble and thankful to you for including me in such an extraordinary list.
    Thanks so much!
    Ofelia recently posted..On Friday the 13th

8. Gracey at Fashion For Giants

May 25, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Oh, I love your guys’ wedding photo. You two look so amazingly happy! I’m so excited that you’re going on this wonderful trip – I just know you two will have the best time!

And thanks again for asking me to guest post – I’m super excited!
    Gracey at Fashion For Giants recently posted..Birthday Owl

9. Casee Marie

May 25, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Oh, I’m blushing. Thank you so much for the mention, for adding me to your blogroll, and for your tremendously sweet words!

Have an absolutely fabulous honeymoon! With an itinerary like that I can only imagine it will be perfection. Happy travels, Fabienne! xo

May 25, 2011 at 6:57 pm

You two look amazing! Have fun!
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Loudmouth Lounge – - Cute new home things!

11. Doreen

May 26, 2011 at 6:14 am

What a pretty bride you are/where. The hubbie is not bad on the eyes either. Enjoy your get away and the memories you’ll be making together.

Wish you two lots of years filled with love and exciting adventures!!!!!
    Doreen recently posted..Getting Brave in the Parking Garage

12. Cloud of Secrets

May 26, 2011 at 6:24 am

Happy Honeymoon, Fabienne and Filip! It’s up to you to transport *us* elsewhere by showing us photos from your trip when you return. I could use a vicarious European vacation.

I need to work on my collection of nice tanks and camis. My main problem is that I prefer decent-looking trim (like yours) along with v-necklines, and that combo can be hard to come by.
    Cloud of Secrets recently posted..Seven Mild Obsessions

May 26, 2011 at 7:30 pm

have a super trip and I look forward to reading the guest posts and meeting some new fashionable babes!! xoxo J
    Jodi recently posted..Fifties Dress

14. foodfashionandflow

May 27, 2011 at 6:22 am

I am thrilled to have founed your blog! Love your content and you have amazing style!

15. For Those About To Shop

May 27, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Beautiful wedding photo! I hope you have a fabulous time. You have a great line-up in your absence.
    For Those About To Shop recently posted..Icon- Stevie Nicks

16. Jamillah

May 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm

OMIGOSH! That is an awesome list of guest bloggers!!! Your readers are sure to be taken care of in those deft hands.

Have a wonderful honeymoon!!!

17. Guest blogger: Cloud of Secrets « The House in the Clouds

May 30, 2011 at 2:08 am

[...] up some very special guests for you. I wrote a little intro about what makes them so special to me here. I hope you enjoy their company in my absence. Keep checking back to see which guest will be making [...]

18. Guest blogger: Arash Mazinani « The House in the Clouds

June 1, 2011 at 8:38 am

[...] up some very special guests for you. I wrote a little intro about what makes them so special to me here. I hope you enjoy their company in my absence. Keep checking back to see which guest will be making [...]

19. Guest blogger: Anika « The House in the Clouds

June 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm

20. Guest blogger: My Intended Life « The House in the Clouds

June 13, 2011 at 1:30 am

21. Guest blogger: Fashion For Giants « The House in the Clouds

June 16, 2011 at 11:39 pm

22. Good and Bon Voyage, travel, Voyage

August 23, 2013 at 4:21 pm

We have understand a few great products listed here. Definitely worth bookmarking to get revisiting. My partner and i delight just how much attempt you place to generate the wonderful insightful internet site.