The whole enchilada

20 Jul

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing orange top, skinny jeans, ivory tank top, platform sandals

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing orange top, skinny jeans, ivory tank top

You’ve heard me tout the fine art of creating balance and harmony with regards to assembling outfits and accessorizing. In fact, I talked about it a bit a few days ago here. As it turns out, this gal believes there are exceptions.

I’m wearing so many accessories today it should be called “excessorizing!”

I’ve got the whole enchilada going on: an ethnic necklace, a long beaded necklace, long feather earrings, thin woven bracelets and a wooden ring. I supposed I could have added a tiara to really top things off but I don’t have one. Oh, but if I did… So, why would I tell you one thing and do another?

{ style tip: }

It’s still about balance. The blouse I’m wearing is long and flowing with a dark blue pattern over bright orange. The short necklace is really the one you notice, it lays on the open area of the “V”.

The longer beaded necklace almost acts as a trim by following the shape and cut of the front almost perfectly. I used it the way I would a scarf. The long feather earrings blend into my hair and are not very visible. The three woven bracelets are incredibly thin and light, they connect to the wooden ring subtly. If I had short hair and wore a plain lightly colored top, it would be total chaos. Instead, I played with the visual noise to create subtle points of interest.

Wood ring

This is a photo of the wooden ring I wore today which I posted previously on Instagram. Instagram is a totally fun photo capturing and sharing app for iPhones. If you’re already on, let me know so that I can check out your pictures. I’m “flyingfabu”.

Orange pattern top/Nordstrom’s, dark skinny jeans/Old Navy, ivory tank top/Nordstorm’s, platform sandals/Urban Outfitters, ethnic necklace/gifted, beaded necklace/Nordstrom’s, bracelets/gifted, ring/souvenir from Costa Brava, feather earrings/free gift with ModCloth purchase.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Sally

July 21, 2011 at 7:24 am

Still a balanced and lovely ensemble. And oh, how I love those shoes!

July 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Beautiful outfit.. love the colors on you!!

July 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Beautiful ring and I like the outfit. Excessorizing–I remember when I first began blogging that I wanted to wear everything at once.

4. Teresa: Life and Style

July 21, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I love the term you used “excessorizing,” very cute! I feel like I need to add more accessories… I seem to usually just use one item.

Your look is great, I love all the accessories that you added, they all go well with each other and compliment your entire outfit.

xo Teresa

July 22, 2011 at 8:48 pm

You know this is my type of post! Loving all the accessories and that blouse looks fabulous on you.
    I like the writing on the photos, that’s a cool touch.

July 23, 2011 at 4:32 pm

“Excessorizing”… I love it! You know I am all about my accessories. <3 And the subject of this post makes me hungry… Mmm, Mexican food.

• Fabienne Jach

July 24, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Mexican food? You just made me hungry, too!

7. Noel

July 24, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I don’t remember the exact quote, but i think it was coco chanel who said something to the effect of ‘taking one thing off before leaving the house.’ For me, I would have taken off the beaded necklace.

8. Noel

July 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm

also, looking at the photos, it appears that your legs are little stumps. I really don’t understand the dress over jeans concept as a whole so maybe i’m missing something, but proportionately, it throws off the whole aesthetic/classic proportions of the human body. women (and men, for that matter) look best w/ longer legs, shorter torsos.