Pimpin’ her style

22 Aug

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing floral tank, pink cardigan, green skinny corduroy

You know how some days you get dressed, look in the mirror and it feels all too familiar? I couldn’t quite put my finger on it this morning when it suddenly hit me. The skinny pants, the ballet flats, the cardigan, the scoop neck shirt underneath: I looked at my husband and said “I’m dressed like Andrea.”

She obviously has good taste.

He threatened to go tell her. My rebuttal? I told him I would go tell her myself. I did. The entire group unanimously agreed that I had indeed successfully pimped her style.

{ style tip: }

In a rut? Beg, borrow and steal someone else’s look for a day. Even on accident, inspiration comes in many forms. They’ll appreciate the flattery, you get to try something new.

Have you ever copied someone’s look for inspiration? How did it turn out for you?

Stretchy green skinny corduroys/Urban Outfitters, floral tank/Nordstrom’s, pink cashmere cardigan/Bloomingdale’s, green floral scarf/Urban Outfitters, black ballet flats/Ecco, purple flower necklace/gifted, kitty ring/gifted, peridot ring/Ambiance.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Patti @ NotDeadYet Style

August 23, 2011 at 5:21 am

Yes! Inspiration, or borrowing, or copying – whatever – is a wonderful way to get new ideas. Your outfit is so colorful and pretty. Come on over and post it on Visible Monday, if you have a chance!

2. No Guilt Fashion

August 23, 2011 at 6:05 am

You look fabulous copied look or not. Love this outfit!

3. Ms. Michelle

August 23, 2011 at 7:20 am

Copied…..or inspired by? I think you’re in the clear unless you are both going the same function. They you’ll just look like barfy twinseys.

Thx for stopping by – I follow you too!
    xoxo
    Michelle

4. Katy

August 23, 2011 at 8:11 am

Inspiration stealing is one of the great things about style blogging. We incorporate so many things from a number of bloggers – sometimes without even knowing it. Love this drapy scarf on you! – Katy

August 23, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I’d never heard of Andrea, so I just now clicked over to her blog — looks like some great content! You look fabulous, whether it’s her style, or yours, or a mix of the two. :) I definitely see lots of color, which is something I know you do regularly! I don’t purposely copy others’ styles, but I do have my main muses, and they’re pretty apparent by the way I dress. But I always try to be unique as well! It’s fun to be inspired by others.

6. Sherry Jarwin

August 23, 2011 at 8:15 pm

YOU LOOK FABULOUS! I just love blue on you and all of these different shades rock! AND THEN THERE ARE THE GREEN CORDS! WOW! I am so glad you wore them – it tied the entire outfit together. I love me some hot pink, as well. I do borrow other people’s styles but they never quite work out for me. My outfit today is an example… it is so frumpy looking! LOL. Oh well, I am ok with that… then I know when I look good! Anyway, my instincts about what looks good on my body, and my confidence in wearing the outfit, are what make it “work” for me. Have a fabulous week! Cheers!

7. Mackenzie @ Whatever, Gatsby

August 24, 2011 at 4:11 pm

STUNNING ,my dear! those pants are kind of on my lust-list right now. xoxox