Bye bye, blondie!

26 Aug

{ personal: }

That’s right, I’m going on vacation and will out next week but I’ve got some great bloggers to represent in my absence. Do come by for a visit and say “hi”. In the meantime, say “hello” to my new hair.

It’s not so blonde anymore. It’s blonde, pink and orange.

I had to do it. Nicole of Graph Paper Heart did this beautiful color for me, I’d been wanting to add pink into my hair for so long and had chickened out for fear of ruining it.

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing salmon ruffle tank and cardigan

No more fear! I love it. We’ve been darkening the roots with a deep mahogany recently for contrast. She weaved in the bright orange and pink alternately around my face and a little on the sides, leaving the utmost top layer blonde. It all blends well for a really beautiful effect. And if I really feel like going wild, I can pin the blonde part back leaving a shock of color.

Daily outfit and style tip, wearing salmon ruffle tank and cardigan, grey ankle pants, black sandals

I’m posing quite proudly next to my new and improved flower bed, the dahlias have come back to life since I fearlessly captured their aggressors: The snails.

{ style tip: }

To offset the shock of  my newfound hair color at work, I played down the style of both my hair and my outfit slightly. In fact, I barely wore any jewelry. It helped me ease into it gently—at least as gently as one can go with bright orange and pink streaks in their hair. I still opted for a bright top, wearing neutrals would only have drawn more attention to the contrasting color of my hair.

When trying something new, it’s not a bad idea to create a little more comfort for yourself by underplaying other elements. Sometimes having everything be in the spotlight can feel like too much. Find your comfort zone and ease into it. You want to have fun with it, after all.

Your personal style should be fun for you, you’re beautiful when you’re happy!

Hair/Nicole, Sakura Salon, (Oakland, Ca.), salmon ruffle top/Urban Outfitters, salmon cardigan/Nordstrom’s, grey ankle pants/Express, black sandals/Dansko, black pearl necklace/gifted.

{ special guest appearance: }

Mr. House in the Clouds also got a little color. In fact, he was the instigator.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Gracey at Fashion For Giants

August 26, 2011 at 9:44 am

I am so jealous of your new hair color! You look and Mr. House in the Clouds both look absolutely fabulous. I just love this!
    Gracey at Fashion For Giants recently posted..The Skirt Likes Leopard

2. GRIT & GLAMOUR

August 26, 2011 at 11:36 am

Ha…his and hers color! Love! It suits. And I love that you live your life (and color your hair) the way you want, rules be damned. That is awesome!

The flowers are lookin’ pretty good too…
    GRIT & GLAMOUR recently posted..Come see me at #IFBCon and Blogger Brilliance!

3. Cynthia

August 26, 2011 at 11:42 am

Wow — that is probably the most tastefully executed pink hair I’ve ever seen. Looks fabulous.
    Cynthia recently posted..I should totally wear this color all day every day, because it…

4. Gaby

August 26, 2011 at 12:04 pm

congrats on the beautiful flowers! your hair looks awesome. i could use a hair change myself.

xxoo

5. Marissa

August 26, 2011 at 12:38 pm

So fun – I love the new hair! And Mr. House in the Cloud’s looks pretty great to. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!
    Marissa recently posted..Paraty House by Marcio Kogan

6. Patti @ NotDeadYet Style

August 26, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Love it! You did it beautifully.
    Patti @ NotDeadYet Style recently posted..What I Wore: Floral, Thanks To You!

7. Frances Joy

August 26, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I love your hair color! So much fun

8. Sylvia

August 26, 2011 at 7:51 pm

It’s great!. Love the fact that your husband is doing it with you!
    Sylvia recently posted..The best little black dresses for over 40 women

9. Teresa: Life and Style

August 26, 2011 at 10:46 pm

FUN! I love changing up my hair. The reds and pinks look so pretty on you :)

August 27, 2011 at 8:30 am

You look absolutely gorgeous! I love these colors on you. You really pull it off well, and I love the bright top with it.
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Look : : Loose Layers

11. Bella Q

August 27, 2011 at 8:52 am

I love it! You look fresh and very modern to me. The color isn’t overwhelming either- and your skin looks marvey. Tell Mr. Cloud he is rocking his shock pink do well too! xo. Bella Q
    Bella Q recently posted..The Empowerment of a Self-Portrait

12. Blue

August 27, 2011 at 11:00 am

Wow, I love this hair color. I have never dyed my hair, and I am definitely not as brave as you are…
    Blue recently posted..Magnificent Munich Vol. I

13. Veshoevius

August 28, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Wow! What a statement! It really makes you look very different from the blonde shade as your face jumps out more being framed with strong colour and how cool you and your Mr both got striking shots of hair colour together!
    Veshoevius recently posted..Links à la Mode

14. Goody @Curvatude

August 28, 2011 at 3:05 pm

beautiful color on you!
    Goody @Curvatude recently posted..Macy’s Shop for a Cause. Give. Shop. Save. Win.

15. Mackenzie @ Whatever, Gatsby

September 5, 2011 at 7:04 am

love love love it! if anyone could pull it off, it’s you! xo
    Mackenzie @ Whatever, Gatsby recently posted..triple sigh;