Guest blogger: Ryan of Fashables

20 Sep

{ intro: }

While I was away a couple weeks ago there was a minor scheduling snafu so I’m republishing this guest post for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy Fashables’ round-up as summer comes to a close. It won’t be long before we’re bundling up for fall.

xo, f

{ guest blogger: }

Street Style from Fashables

Hey, I’m Ryan from the fashion blog Fashables, and I couldn’t be happier to do a guest post on The House in the Clouds!

One of the features on Fashables that runs twice a week is a fun little street style post called Peeps from the Streets. The shots are taken at various places in New York City and, for the most part, simply catch people going about their lives in NYC. Most aren’t posed… and heck, aren’t even planned for that matter.

Since summer is winding down I thought it might be fun to share some of the Peeps from the Streets shots taken during the last couple of months with you. NYC is full of great style, and I could have easily shared a ton of photos with you… but here are 10 that seemed to stand out in my mind.

From the purse, to the pants, to the bow-tie to the sunglasses… she’s pulled the pattern together.

Tons of flavor going on here. Bikes and dogs… accessory of the year!

Reminded me of Madonna back in the day.

I have a thing for stylish people riding old school bikes.

Two French friends visiting NYC… and doing so stylishly.

This is what I like to call my, “I had no plan to take this shot, but got my camera out really quickly and took a shot from the hip.”

Lovely dress, and purse, but I couldn’t make her smile for the life of me.

This was my first experience at photographing a professional model. The thing is, at the time, I had no clue I was doing so. Read more about that here.

We start them early in NYC. A toddler picking out a purse in… Prada.

When taking this shot I had no clue this girl was from the reality TV show on TLC called NY Ink. I simply stopped her because she had tons of flavor.

Thanks a ton for reading my guest post and I hope you enjoyed the shots! I know The House in the Clouds is one of your favorite sites to visit, but I hope you might someday add Fashables to that list as well.

Tags:

September 21, 2011 at 9:45 am

Love the street photography!! great post!!
    Jodi recently posted..Leather Skirt

2. Vale

September 21, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I love those pics ! And I love New York ;) I am your newest follower on google friend connect, looking forward to read more posts from you ! I’d be so delighted if you liked my blog enough to follow back ;)
    Kisses from Italy !

Fashion and Cookies

My Twitter

3. Kirstin Marie

September 22, 2011 at 3:40 am

Amazing pictures!!! I love the last photo of the girl from the tattoo show. She looks fantastic.
    Kirstin Marie recently posted..Felina & Dandall

4. Sarah

September 22, 2011 at 9:47 am

For some reason, I adore street photography. Because it isn’t staged (usually) and it gives you the flavor of the city. Thanks for featuring this post.
    Sarah recently posted..Don’t Braid My Hair. Got It.

5. Bella Q

September 27, 2011 at 10:19 am

I love street style and you have captured some delicious New York flavor!
    Bella Q recently posted..Kaftan Ladies

6. kaftan clothing

October 9, 2013 at 7:14 am

The kaftan’s common homeland stretches from North Africa to Central Asia, while it really is commonly believed to acquire originated during the Mesopotamian location, in or all around present-day Iraq. Kaftan, consequently, is also regarded as a variety of women’s Islamic Apparel. In its original cultural context, the kaftan is possibly a unisex outfit or largely a man’s merchandise. The term “kaftan” alone is derived within the Persian language. Depending about the cultural context, kaftans may well have been plain, homespun garments or ornate robes with spectacular patterns and decorations. In sure kaftan-wearing cultures, attractive components and extras had been made use of to point the wearer’s rank or position. Products vary from simple cotton to silk and beyond; in Morrocco, for example, women’s kaftans typically appear with intricate lace decorations.