Making it work

31 Oct

{ personal: }

For fear of dropping off the blogosphere completely, consider this an interim update. I’ve been sick for a couple weeks and have been out of commission. Rather than dwelling on all the things I haven’t been able to do–the list is too long–let’s focus on what I have been able to do. Sleep, read and paint my nails. They’ve never looked so good!

And that dress? I made that $14.99 work for me, wouldn’t you agree?

Python dress/H&M, belt/Anthropologie, mocha tights/WeLoveColors.com, brown vegan suede boots/Munro, butterfly necklace/gifted, owl ring/H&M, gold band/family heirloom.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Jennifer Gorohoff

October 31, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I love love love this look! Yes sugar you made it work.

2. Teresa @ Teresa Life and Style

October 31, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I love the python trend happening right now! Your dress is awesome :) So sorry that you havent been feeling so great – it seems to be floating around (I’ve had it too).

xoxo Teresa

November 1, 2011 at 7:10 am

I’m glad that you are feeling better and that you are back to blogger land looking great, with fantastic nails and a great owl ring!

4. Sally

November 1, 2011 at 10:40 am

Totally working it! Hope you’re on the mend, my dear.
    Sally recently posted..Reader Request: How to Work Well with Salespeople

5. Gracey at Fashion for Giants

November 1, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Oh, Fabienne, I hope you’re feeling better. And, girl, you made that dress work like nobody’s business.
    Gracey at Fashion for Giants recently posted..I’ve Got This: Midi Skirts

6. No Guilt Fashion

November 1, 2011 at 6:03 pm

That dress is gorgeous on you. Get well, and enjoy your beautiful nails.
    No Guilt Fashion recently posted..Getting Dressed Again

7. DeniseAngela

November 1, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Hi there…. Found your fab blog thru Citizen Rosebud…love your style so I’m following. Sorry to hear you have been ill……I have been on sick leave too for a few weeks so I can relate to “paint your nails”!
    DeniseAngela recently posted..hot pink love…………

8. Collette Osuna

November 2, 2011 at 8:43 am

Wow hunnie..what a gorgeous dress….sure hope you are feeling better soon!!

A Funky Little Fashion Blog

9. Mackenzie @ Whatever, Gatsby

November 4, 2011 at 6:27 pm

your hair is to die for! you rock it like no other, dear! xo
    Mackenzie @ Whatever, Gatsby recently posted..letters to beantown;

10. daisymay

November 5, 2011 at 8:15 am

Love the pattern on your dress, so cool!

Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

11. Veshoevius

November 6, 2011 at 9:25 am

Sorry to hear you’ve been ill – hope you are feeling much better. The snake print dress looks fab on you!
    Veshoevius recently posted..Autumnal Park

12. Ms. Michelle

November 18, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I’ve been eyeing this dress from H&M for ahwile. I wish I would have bought it now – it looks gorgeous on you!!