FBFF Visual: The naked face.

11 Nov

{ fbff: }

Wearing no makeup

It’s been a while since I’ve participated in Fashion Beauty Friend Friday but I couldn’t pass this up. After talking up the fantasy of make-up a few days ago, I had to bare it all. I did not retouch these photos in any way, shape or form except to adjust the lighting slightly. It’s all here for you, laugh lines and everything. Some people call them crow’s feet. I say it’s just proof that I’m having fun. If I’m going to wrinkle, which is inevitable as I age, then heck, I want good wrinkles. The kind you get from living a good and happy life.

Oh, make-up, how do I love thee? A lot! It’s fun, it’s decorative, it can emphasize my big hazel eyes and downplay dark shadows below them. Ultimately, I like my face. I may wear make-up every day but I’m not embarrassed to be seen without it. I don’t think I’m uglier without it. It’s my face. Highly expressive, slowly changing with time, imperfect, forty-four years old now. Still, my face.

Franca of Oranges and Apples is hosting this week. Visit her to check out participating bloggers. Thank you Katy of Modly Chic for encouraging this topic. Fashion Beauty Friend Friday is an opportunity for fashion and beauty bloggers to share their thoughts on a specific topic and read what others have to say on that same topic. For more information, check out Modly Chic and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Wearing no makeup

And a special thanks to the hubby for taking advantage of this opportunity to photobomb me. It’s no wonder I have laugh lines.

Tags:

1. Miss Lucy

November 11, 2011 at 7:04 am

haaa! your hubby is a jokester. and you have a lovely face!
    Miss Lucy recently posted..Put on a happy face

2. Franca

November 11, 2011 at 10:45 am

Thanks for taking part! Are you in your pjs? I never look that together in the morning! I love the picture of you with your hubbie!
    Franca recently posted..My relationship with make up – and me not wearing any

3. Sylvia

November 11, 2011 at 8:28 pm

And what a beautiful face you have! Funny husband too. I also like your hair and the funky colors in it!
    Sylvia recently posted..Links with style this week

4. Cortney

November 12, 2011 at 1:52 am

I love these makeup free pictures. :) Can I just say that you have wonderful skin? And your eyes are so pretty.

Haha your hubby is so funny! I always get family members photobombing when I take outfit photos. :) I swear the whole family gets in on it–Mom, Dad, sister, and even the dogs!
    Cortney recently posted..Visual FBFF: Makeup Free

5. Nanne

November 12, 2011 at 2:15 am

Great pictures, I love the one with your hubby in it:) You look lovely, laughter lines and all! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!
    Nanne recently posted..FBFF – Bare Faced

6. poet

November 12, 2011 at 3:42 am

Those are great pictures, you look very cute and pretty! Your hair colors are awesome!
    poet recently posted..Mermaid skin and the fairytale of flawless beauty

7. Shybiker

November 12, 2011 at 3:48 am

With a face this beautiful, makeup merely enhances. Nature was kind to you.

And I love your blog! Such creative, colorful outfits. And bright prose to match. I’m looking forward to reading your older posts.
    Shybiker recently posted..Time Travel

November 12, 2011 at 7:34 am

great post.. and I love the last photo with the hubs!!! you look beautiful with or without makeup… and I wonder how many people actually photoshop their photos anyway to remove wrinkles and all the other things they dont like.. ??? I should post how I look also… not too much different but I might not photography myself as close as you did… might scare people away.. hah hah.. you are totally gorgeous babes!!
    xoxo J
    Jodi recently posted..Leopard Tights

9. Beth

November 12, 2011 at 7:46 am

You are gorgeous! I love the colors in your hair! Very nice!
    Beth recently posted..Visual Friend Friday – To "makeup" or not to "makeup"

November 12, 2011 at 10:25 am

For the record, I’m dating an older guy right now who has ‘laugh lines’ and I think it’s SEXY. It shows a life of positivity and good spirits!

As for you, my dear — I think you could look good no matter what, and you do. You’re an inspiration.

And I can’t wait to meet hubs someday! ;) My aunt is moving to Oakland, like… today. I’m not even exaggerating!
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Look :: Purposely Nerdy

11. Megan Mae

November 12, 2011 at 11:19 am

Wow! You have beautiful skin. And such pretty eyes. Thanks for sharing with us. These make-up free posts have been one of my favorite blogging trends.
    Megan Mae recently posted..New Silhouette, No Make-Up (Long Post)

12. Veshoevius

November 12, 2011 at 1:36 pm

You look great without makeup! And there are definitely good wrinkles! Why would anyone want to iron out laughter lines? It would be like erasing your own history. Thank you for your kind wishes today!
    Veshoevius recently posted..Inspiration

13. Kimberlee

November 12, 2011 at 1:56 pm

lmao love photobombing! Thanks for your sweet comment :) You look great without makeup yourself… great skin!

14. Sheila

November 12, 2011 at 3:24 pm

You look lovely – you have gorgeous skin!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog!
    Sheila recently posted..Thursday Layers, and Lest We Forget

November 13, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Your inner and outer beauty makes this photos beautiful and funny!
    Ofelia recently posted..Shopping in Miami Beach….

16. Rebecca

November 14, 2011 at 2:22 pm

You look great without makeup, especially since you are still in your pajamas.
    Rebecca recently posted..Last Leaves – 11/02/2011

17. Sarah

December 22, 2011 at 3:03 pm

You looks so beautiful, great pictures.
    Sarah recently posted..Kmart Coupons

18. Laura

February 29, 2012 at 4:35 am

Haha great shot in the perfect moment, both of you are great! :D
    Laura recently posted..Military Star Credit Card Payment Online