The simplest things

20 Mar

Daily outfit wearing blue lace top, red pants, floral Tom's

Daily outfit wearing blue lace top, red pants, floral Tom's

Bee ring with red crystals

{ personal: }

This outfit makes me happy. Very happy. There’s more to it than meets the eye. In fact, just standing next to my Icelandic poppies makes this outfit even better. Poppies and calla lilies are my two most favorite flowers. I grow both in my garden. Instant happiness. Memories are made from everything that touches and leaves a story. Head to toe, this outfit has a complete tale to tell.

The necklace I’m wearing was given to me by a former co-worker as a birthday gift. Her sister hand-made the glass beads, she made the necklace. I think of them both fondly every time I wear it. The watch was a gift from my ex mother-in-law, I think of her generosity, wicked sense of humor and love of cats every time I wear it. The bee ring is another nod to my connection to the outdoors and all the creatures within it. I’ve never been afraid of critters and take great pleasure in the time I spend hiking, camping or running. The blue lace top was a pleasant treat when I was issued a store credit for a defective pair of pants. The floral slip-on shoes are Tom’s. Happiness for my feet. I”m a big fan of Tom’s and like being able to participate in improving others’ lives, especially when it’s been made so easy to do.

The red pants I bought in Spain. They’re just hot. You can’t argue with that.

Red pants/Zara, blue lace top/Anthropologie, taupe tank top/Nordstrom’s, necklace/gifted, vintage Gucci watch/gifted, bee ring/Jewelmint.com, floral slip-ons/Tom’s.

{ last note: }

You might have noticed my Google Friend Connect widget has been taken down. I found out that Google is discontinuing this product soon, I figured I might as well get used to no longer relying on it. There are still a variety of ways to subscribe to updates for this blog. In the meantime, I’d be delighted if you left me your url in the comment box, I’ll do my best to visit.

xo, f

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Collette Osuna

March 20, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Look at you rocking those red pants!! Love the outfit……and the butterfly too:)

Hope you have been well!
    Collette Osuna recently posted..{June 1989 Bracelet Winner}

2. Pomodoro Fashion

March 20, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Fantastic colour combination. Loving the mix of red and blue, with the lace detail and red jeans. Great look.

3. Gracey at Fashion for Giants

March 20, 2012 at 5:08 pm

What a wonderful post. And this outfit makes me happy too! (It’s probably the sexy red pants!)
    Gracey at Fashion for Giants recently posted..Boots and Belts, Stripes and Giraffes

4. Casee Marie

March 20, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Oh, you look marvelous! I love when an outfit becomes more than just the clothes, it becomes about the memories involved.

Adore the necklace, and those red pants are to die for!
    Casee Marie recently posted..The Girl Bakes: Mint Chocolate Chip Baked Alaska

March 20, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Hello, hello gorgeous girl!!! I’ve missed you so. It’s been extremely busy over here, and I’m sure it’s been the same story for you. I really wish we lived closer! I still dream of visiting you in your home on the hill.

I adore all the little outfit details, and this color combo is smashing on you. Has spring arrived up there? Hope you’re having a lovely week. I love you.
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Lunch :: Hanami Sushi

6. Sally

March 21, 2012 at 4:49 am

Those pants are hot! Indeed they are.
    Sally recently posted..Already Prettypoll: Can’t Let Go

7. No Guilt Fashion

March 21, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I absolutely love this outfit. I want the whole thing. Those Tom’s are on my wish list. I may get them when we buy Lyla’s flower girl shoes from Tom’s.
    No Guilt Fashion recently posted..Polished Picks: Siberian Nights and Strobe Lights

8. FASHION TALES

March 21, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I love Tom’s shoes and their efforts on aiding others. Your jewellery is beautiful, and handmade glass beads makes it that much more special. I am such a lace fan as well. Loved this garment tale. :-)
    FASHION TALES recently posted..Hello: It’s Spring

9. Terri (@RagsMachine)

March 22, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I’m fond of poppies, though they don’t bloom here until the first of May. That blue top is gorgeous.
    Terri (@RagsMachine) recently posted..Beauty Insomnia

10. Florence18Moore

April 3, 2012 at 9:08 am

I love your fashion style , red skinny jeans is lovely in my eyes…
    Florence18Moore recently posted..Things to Look For in a Business Web Hosting Service Provider

11. For the Love of Red, White, and Blue | The Karina Chronicles

July 4, 2012 at 2:03 am

[...] Sources: The House in the Clouds, Nubby Twiglet, Sheer Dolls, All Nail and Cosmetics, Not Dressed As Lamb, Vortex Magazine By: [...]

12. For the Love of Red, White, and Blue ~ The Karina Dresses Blog

September 13, 2014 at 1:09 pm

[…] Sources: The House in the Clouds, Nubby Twiglet, Sheer Dolls, All Nail and Cosmetics, Not Dressed As Lamb, Vortex […]