Skyscrapers and everything!

07 May

{ personal: }

Thank you Stevie Wonder for the best introduction of New York City. I’ve been missing in action, I know, though technically I’ve been here all along. I’ve been a very busy lady. I can at least account for the last two weeks, the latter which was spent in Manhattan. I will fondly look back on this particular week as the time I fell in love with yellow.

I’m not referring to your soft baby chick variety, either. I’m talking about bright, honest-to-goodness yellow. Yellow! Think of daffodils and Chrysanthemums. Think of sunshine. It started with an innocent sighting in the American Apparel window on Houston in the Lower East Side. It was intensified by a wonderfully radiant woman’s hair who so kindly let me take her picture. And the deal was sealed with a proper multi-colored mani procured on a whim as I walked by my friend’s favorite nail salon.

Yellow pleated skirt, blue t-shirt, coral blazer, tom's floral slip-ons

It took two trips but I found the right size skirt. I’ve never been one for pleats but no one ever told me I could have yellow pleats. This shade of yellow makes me happy. I’m wearing springtime and I like it.

Neon yellow hair

Katherine, whose jovial and charismatic disposition distracted me from confirming the spelling of her name, is a jewelry designer who happened to be equally interested in the coral tones of my outfit. Naturally, we exchanged pictures. After this week, I’m of the mindset that if you can walk up to a stranger on the street in New York and ask to take their picture, you are probably capable of anything. You can’t really think about it too much, just do it.

Yellow mani

The mani, complete with green accent nail and flower.

Street art, NYC

Lastly, more beautiful street art. I’m a big fan. They’re often temporary, yet take a fair amount of devotion, skill and craft, providing an element of surprise when walking down the street.

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my latest trip, I promise to share more soon. I’ve really missed writing and being active here.

Yellow chiffon pleated skirt/American Apparel, blue t-shirt/Urban Outfitters, coral blazer/Topshop, floral slip-ons/Tom’s.

{ last note: }

You might have noticed my Google Friend Connect widget has been taken down. I found out that Google is discontinuing this product soon, I figured I might as well get used to no longer relying on it. There are still a variety of ways to subscribe to updates for this blog. In the meantime, I’d be delighted if you left me your url in the comment box, I’ll do my best to visit.

xo, f

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. franca

May 8, 2012 at 12:53 am

yellow is my favourite colour! you look beautiful and i love your outfit!

2. Terri (@RagsMachine)

May 8, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Looks like it was a good trip. And I like the yellow pleats on you. Although I’ve yet to walk up to a stranger and ask to take their photo, I have become better at giving compliments to strangers when there is something about them I admire.
    Terri (@RagsMachine) recently posted..EBEW: Nautical Edition

3. Born27

May 9, 2012 at 4:41 am

It’s my mom’s favorite color. Very summer thing.
    Born27 recently posted..Video Conferencing Hardware

4. Karyn18

May 9, 2012 at 10:31 pm

You got a beautiful and colorful life. :)
    Karyn18 recently posted..Vacuum Cleaning on Hardwood Floors

5. noelster

May 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm

i think if one chooses to dye their hair neon yellow-green, one is kinda asking to be approached, and photographed. or maybe she was just a big fan of mountain dew.

6. Maryden25

May 10, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Yellow and blue are my favorite colors! Especially yellow.. I do have yellow Havaianas, yellow hand bag and now I do use yellow nail polish on my toe nails!
    Maryden25 recently posted..Millstone Coffee Coupon

7. Jeanie

May 10, 2012 at 9:57 pm

The structure could be modeled after a real skyscraper or an imagined one. If you desire to create a LEGO skyscraper, there are several different paths you can take to the structure’s completion..
    Jeanie recently posted..How To Stop Panic Attacks

8. Heidi19

May 11, 2012 at 6:20 am

Stunning outfit! and you look so gorgeous with that yellow skirt. I love how combined the colors. Thanks for sharing this with us and i’m looking forward on your next post!
    Heidi19 recently posted..Arowana – a prized investment catch or …

9. Magdalena

May 20, 2012 at 5:04 am

You look so nice wearing such a colorful clothes. I’ve never realized that matching totally different, rich colors could look so great.
    This woman definitely can’t cross the street without being noticed :)
    Magdalena recently posted..New in my closet.

10. Annie

May 22, 2012 at 12:33 am

I just love this post so much! I think you should have posted more of this so at least we are updated.. Anyway, keep it up!
    Annie recently posted..Healthy Today Club

11. Marie-Eve @aprettynest

May 23, 2012 at 5:29 pm

You look amazing ! Love those colors !
    Marie-Eve @aprettynest recently posted..Outfit post – Birthday Girl !

12. Bella Q, The Citizen Rosebud

May 25, 2012 at 11:25 am

Yellow is def the “it” color this season! I love the ladies bright hair and nails, and sunny smile!
    Bella Q, The Citizen Rosebud recently posted..Outfit Post: Creature Comforts

13. Pamela

May 27, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I love your outfit, the yellow color fits in you.
    Pamela recently posted..A Fresh Look at 5-Step Greenhouse Plans

14. Claire

May 28, 2012 at 3:15 am

Claire recently posted..Pregnancy Miracle Review

15. Crystal

May 30, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I love the color of your nail polish…I like also the nail art..Thanks for sharing..
    Crystal recently posted..Copywriting Devon

16. Alexis

June 4, 2012 at 8:45 am

I liked that yellow skirt. It completely goes with your personality.
    Alexis recently posted..Life Insurance Rates By Age – The prospect of age on insurance

17. Griffin53

June 4, 2012 at 11:04 am

I like the yellow pleats on you. Although I’ve yet to walk up to a stranger and ask to take their photo, I have become better at giving compliments to strangers when there is something about them I admire. Thanks for sharing.
    Paul Wilson Aesthetics

18. Natalie

June 5, 2012 at 6:58 am

Honey you are looking gorgeous & adorable.
    Natalie recently posted..How To Lose Weight Boxing

19. Nestor Wyatt

June 5, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Its really a cool post. Your yellow skirt and the yellow colored nail polish is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Nestor Wyatt recently posted..Entertainment News

20. Ashley Thomas

June 20, 2012 at 2:13 am

I have a sister who loves yellow, she looks so stunning in yellow clad. My favorite is blue though. You look amazing!!!
    Ashley Thomas recently posted..Kim Kardashian Ripped Dress

21. Highland Fashionista

June 22, 2012 at 7:45 am

That SKIRT. I love it! You are rocking that colorful ensemble, girl! So glad to have found your blog through already pretty. Great photos in this post!

22. Destin Perry

July 3, 2012 at 3:54 am

What a amazing post from your about loving yellow colored fashion!!! I know yellow color is the most gorgeous color. Many other people love this color. At last I want to say as your yellow skirt is so beautiful. Thanks.
    Destin Perry recently posted..Wanna Get Laid

23. FASHION TALES

July 16, 2012 at 5:27 pm

That yellow skirt is simply gorgeous! i love the hue very much, sometimes it takes time to find the prefect item. It’s been some time since my last visit to NYC, but I hope to go again in the near future. Love her none hair! :) Hope you’re having a great summer. /M
    FASHION TALES recently posted..Complementary Combinations

• FASHION TALES

July 16, 2012 at 5:32 pm

That yellow skirt is simply gorgeous! I love the hue very much, sometimes it takes time to find the prefect item. It’s been some time since my last visit to NYC, but I hope to go again in the near future. Love her neon hair! :) Hope you’re having a great summer. /M
      FASHION TALES recently posted..Complementary Combinations